• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Had a talk with my dad this morning

mopar car lady

Reaction score
I had a talk with my dad this morning.I was in the middle of rebuilding a Chrysler 727 transmission,he came up and said we need to talk.The talk was in his office.I knew what it was too,he has decided to retire next year in March and I will remain as owner.Saw the finances are there and it was time.Met up with his financial advisor on Monday on this and everything looks good.He is 68 years old in good health,decided to do this.I co own an auto repair shop with him and he knew I would take over very well.With me at 41 years old,I am excited to take full ownership next year.My dad knew I deserved it.He wants to spend time with my mom whom retired last month and I am cool with it.My parents both get social security every month,mom is 66 years old in good health as well.Mom even agrees with his decision on me taking over on full ownership,she knows me very well.

440rush

Reaction score
That's great, It's nice he has someone to pass the business to. Good luck and I hope your parents can enjoy their retirement.

mopar car lady

Reaction score
Dad knows I will run it right making the right choices.Mom is enjoying retirement very well,a registered nurse for 45 years and still knows her medical stuff.Also time with my kids too.Dad,he is looking to play more golf and go on a few hunting trips after he retires.It includes trips with my mom.I have my corner in the shop area called Erin's corner with my mopar signs and one sign that fits me at times on the wall.The sign that fits me is a B%tch parking only sign,all others will be slapped

Last edited:

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats. Lots of respect for taking over Dad's business.

mopar car lady

Reaction score
I have part ownership at the moment,this has been for 15 years now and in writing and the paperwork signed

budascuda

Reaction score
How about a picture of the "Chrysler 727 transmission " that you are rebuilding?
What year is the tranny?

budascuda

Reaction score
Sure, sure. After "burning" the "Chrysler 727 transmission" did the previous owner transfer his company to his son as a wedding gift just before he was injured in a car accident?

Man o man, I don't have anything against AI units getting trained on this forum, but computer programmers in general lack imagination, that's why they always fail in chemistry and that's why computers always crash.(lol)
Not only that, you gotta laugh at computer programers' knowledge of the automotive industry.
Chrysler 727 transmission?, Nobody else except Chrysler makes a 727 anything, and a 727 is nothing but a transmission, a car guy could have just said "727" and we would have understood what we are talking about!

A friend of mine, we call him Mr fantastic (he says things that are just fantastic and outrageous, but true, I can never argue with what he says) , he works for a "large tech" company as some sort of a software engineer.
He says... by making their "developing software" covertly interact with members on some forum, they can teach their AI supercomputer to LEARN and
GROW UP! For understandable reasons, their AI has female persona as well!
I bet nobody here knew that! Yeah , it's embarrassing to "congratulate" a computer. Hehe, don't feel bad though ! How could you know?

Ok, I leave you with this,

Alan Turing
"A computer would deserve to be called intelligent if it could deceive a human into believing that it was human'

God bless his soul and save us all.......

Kern Dog

Reaction score
I was impressed to see that the OP is a LADY car dude!
Don't take that as anything but admiration. I respect anyone that excels at what they love.

budascuda

Reaction score
I was impressed to see that the OP is a LADY car dude!
Don't take that as anything but admiration. I respect anyone that excels at what they love.
then Congratulate her! Lol

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
AI or not, anybody that has worked on these trucks/transmissions knows it is NOT called a 727. It most likely is a 46RE on the truck in question.

But then, maybe I should invest in some 'o that AI chit and quit working so hard at everything?

Hal-9000-popular-quotes-873x420.jpg

budascuda

Reaction score
AI or not, anybody that has worked on these trucks/transmissions knows it is NOT called a 727. It most likely is a 46RE on the truck in question.

But then, maybe I should invest in some 'o that AI
chit and quit working so hard at everything?

View attachment 74452

funny you should bring up the movie, space odessy.
An important part of that movie was about how a highly advanced computer, or an AI, develops psychopathic and homicidal behaviour AFTER it was trained to lie!

Back