• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Mass

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Hi gang...new at the Mopar thing. I have a '71 Challenger on the operating table in my garage. Came with a bone stock 318 and the 9xx tranny...have a hopped 340 and 727 ready to go. In the midst of body stripping and POR 15 treatment. Rust is manageable.

I need a drivers side front fender, front and rear bumpers, and a rear dual exhaust valence to complete the R/T clone transformation....interior is the side project...buckets are from other cars and center console....

looking to media blast the body and finish with a lime paint job, black stripes, and blacked out front and rear grills....any guidance/ advice is welcome! Thanks - Todd J

Challenger3.jpg

Pull old motor.JPG

Edge of Roof 2.JPG

Rear Right.JPG

Driver Door.JPG

Passenger Side.JPG

00A0A_3CHm0VSgpR_1200x900.jpg

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
I have redone the entire front suspension and disc brake conversion...rear is a Ford 9" with 4.11...came that way.
Need a rear right frame rail replacement from the gas tank - back. All other structural issues are patches.....

340challconvert

Reaction score
Todd
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Like the color. The 340 will be a fun engine.
Keep us posted on your nice looking Challenger project

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Thanks....will add a few more pics soon...getting cold here in the Northeast. Time for inside time w the car!

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Anyone have a good video on how to remove the chrome trim around the vinyl top?

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT just down the road. Keep us updated on your progress with that cool Challenger man...

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Took a few days off this week for some Challenger time.....I am working my way up to have someone come media blast it here in my driveway. Any ideas on this welcome....I bought a bench top blaster so I can do the small stuff....removed the rear right frame rail. That is the worst of the structure rot on this car. The rest will need some patches.

IMG_2066.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

IMG_2100.JPG

IMG_2142.JPG

IMG_2144.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

IMG_2146.JPG

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Todd from Michigan. Don't know how I missed your original posting back in Nov. I also have a '71 340 in GK6.

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Todd from Michigan. Don't know how I missed your original posting back in Nov. I also have a '71 340 in GK6.
Share a pic! Would like to see what you did with the bumpers and grill....

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Cool car!
I can just barely make out half the fender tag on the one picture.
Can you post a pic of the fender tag?
I see V5x on your tag and on the car. Are you putting the v5x back on the car? If not, i'm into them........

moparlee

Reaction score
Share a pic! Would like to see what you did with the bumpers and grill....
Mine is a non R/T but it is optioned out like an R/T. The grill is an NOS which was on it when I got the car back in '89. When I recently restored the car I didn't paint the black area which would be correct for an R/T.
IMG_20191010_145607.jpg
DSCF1620.JPG
DSCF1477.JPG

340challconvert

Reaction score
Back