• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello

KTB

Reaction score
I found this site trying to order vinyl for the driver seat.

What I know about cars can be put in a thimble but I lucked out and now have a 74 Cuda. I can change my own oil and know blinker fluid is not real. lol. This all started with wanting meaty tires for my Volvo; then only using it as a winter car and getting a fun summer car. The Cuda was "running" last year, for the first time in a long time. This was the first car I ever rode in as a baby. I think everything is original but any feed back would be great! Well, not the gatorade bottle, at least I hope not. My friend is handling the stuff under the hood (I will be there to learn) and I am taking on the interior. Mice are not my friends and I need to figure out how to rectify the smell. The driver seat will need to be replaced and thanks to this site I should be able to find the correct one online. I'm in WI if anyone knows anyone local who can do it. Can't open the trunk, I guess the key broke off in the lock. And so much more…

Apologies, until I get Mopar smart, I will only be able to pick your brains but I'm a good pupil and can't wait to get on the road! It is in a storage unit until my friend clears his garage
Cuda Front.jpg
Cuda Side.jpg
Cuda Driver Dash.jpg
Cuda Rear.jpg
Cuda Under Hood.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
Welcome from New Jersey
74 Cuda 360's are rare
Learning and fixing the car is half the fun.
Good luck with your new car!
Dino2 (1).gif

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! That looks like an interesting car. Is there a stamped metal tag on the inner fender near the battery with a bunch of numbers and letters on it?

KTB

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! That looks like an interesting car. Is there a stamped metal tag on the inner fender near the battery with a bunch of numbers and letters on it?

I'll check tomorrow when I go to the storage unit to start the cleaning

FLY'NFISH

Reaction score
Haha...wasn't my choice however I do believe the car does look better without them. For all the people that took them off try and find a nice set to put back on. Certainly difficult.

moparleo

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Your first purchase should be a service manual. And be sure to read it. They are available on cd as well as print. As far as smell. Replace all things cloth in side. Carpets, backing, upholstery, head liner and pad, firewall insulation and anything else you can think of. Good idea to strip out the interior anyway. It's only 43 years old. Then clean, disinfect and paint and use sound deadener as needed. Nothing smells like new than new.

KTB

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Your first purchase should be a service manual. And be sure to read it. They are available on cd as well as print. As far as smell. Replace all things cloth in side. Carpets, backing, upholstery, head liner and pad, firewall insulation and anything else you can think of. Good idea to strip out the interior anyway. It's only 43 years old. Then clean, disinfect and paint and use sound deadener as needed. Nothing smells like new than new.

Thank you and Rats! Pun intended. No magic spray!?! I was looking for the driver seat vinyl but at least I can "save" and buy a set of them. I was kinda thinking about doing that so they all matched anyway.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome from mid Michigan. Looks like it will be a fun project. Have fun! What's your plan, get it running and drive it, or do a restoration?

KTB

Reaction score
I plan on driving it and restore as I go but the interior is getting done now. Also I have a paint guy lined up to see what he can do with the paint. It's original and I don't really want to paint it. Not sure how much that matters to the value but it looks pretty good right now.

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Keep us informed on your progress.

KTB

Reaction score
Buffing will not help the cracks in the white paint. I know they are going to bother me. In the pics the car has not been washed in over a year and buffing will help the red but should I live with the cracks? Does original paint matter? I'm getting a complex worrying about messing up the car. I was just excited to drive it; then I looked up the value.

KTB

Reaction score
for F's sake? Should I not even drive the car daily? I had planned on driving for a summer car but now I'm worried about miles. It has 60k. Does that matter? I had thought a 40 year old car, what can miles matter. While looking up the value to gauge what my insurance co is going to charge, I noticed all the cars for sale (restored) have between 60k to 70k.

Back