• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help how to remove door panels & door locks

zipppo

Reaction score
I need some step by step info on how to remove the door panels on my 73 Barracuda with out breaking anything. I need to adjust the drivers window up. There is a gap when it is rolled all of the way between the top of the glass and the weatherstripping.

I also need to replace the drivers door lock assembly. I just got the car and none of the keys will go all of the way in on drivers side. Passenger side is fine.

I also would like to tighten the glass seems loose in-out.

Thank you in advance for the help.

burntorange70

Reaction score
A factory/Hayns type manual realy comes in handy for stuff like this. I use mine all the time. Lots of good info in them for sure.

burdar

Reaction score
I assume the Cuda panels come off the same as Challengers.

There are two large philipse head screws inside the arm rests. They go through the plastic cups between the door panel and arm rests.

There is a small bolt that holds on the door lock lever. I think you just need to loosen that bolt and the lock lever will slide off.

The outside mirror cable(if you have remote mirrors)inside bezel needs to be unscrewed from the remote part of the mirror.

Perimeter philipse head screws. Then the metal spring clips that clip into the back of the panels and the door need to be popped out. The inside door handles don't need to be removed I don't think.

Your guess is as good as mine on the glass adjustment. I'll be doing that soon so let us know how it goes.

zipppo

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I will start on that one this afternoon.

I will also share how the windows were adjusted once I accomplish that one.

Back