• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

help identifying this trans please

fighter

Reaction score
hello guys I just purchased this trans as an a518 to install in my 1970 barracuda I would like to rebuild it but I need to identify it first any help will be appreciated

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t5.jpg

t6.jpg

fighter

Reaction score
great do you have an idea what year is it did it come from 318 or 360 magnum cuz im mating this to a 360 magnum is it a lock up or non lock up thank you

fighter

Reaction score
I thing 318 magnum is differently balanced than 360 magnum

fighter

Reaction score
I know patc do the PATC 727 to 518 / 46RH Conversion Kit for this trans but I need to change all the plugs attached to the trans body as they are all damaged

DrEamer

Reaction score
great do you have an idea what year is it did it come from 318 or 360 magnum cuz im mating this to a 360 magnum is it a lock up or non lock up thank you

Could it be an RE, either way it’d be the same for 318 or 360.
The 3 pin connector picture identifies it as a RH lock up. The RE has a 5 or 7 pin if I recall correctly.

I thing 318 magnum is differently balanced than 360 magnum

The 318 and 360 are balanced differently, but that has nothing to do with the transmission itself. You just need the correct flexplate for the engine. Also, you need to use only a Magnum 5.9 flexplate, as a LA engine has a different balance weight.

Connect.jpg

fighter

Reaction score
man with my respect to every body. That was the answer im looking for it is magnum out of 2002 Durango and I think I can use the flex and stall into this one sorry for asking stupid QUSTIONS I got u brother WILL POST MORE PICTURES FOR THE BARRACUDA PROJECT REALLY APPRESIATED THANKS every body im happy to be here

fighter

Reaction score
360 magnum as I told you over heating took it out and over haled it 20 over the rest was a long story between Hughes and summit racing. roller rockers end the engine im going all mopar allthoghth a 518 but all Mopar it is a full chassis frame car just waiting for the painter I know some of you guys saying why didn't you go for a hellcat engine as you spent a lot for such project but again a little purr from a small block Mopar in the mornings can make my day:)

fighter

Reaction score
thank you all of you guys here from Qatar 13000 miles away here is Mopar lover going to the paint although her paint is nice but no restoring:) I took the front and back end off and made it as a seckewer for the paint guy while im figuring out what shwartz chassis will be under her looking like?????

fighter

Reaction score
here you go she is going away from me want all the inputs your ideas is appreciated guys really tried to put a video but to long

cuda leave.jpg

fighter

Reaction score
house made rotisserie jacks are more expensive than iron:) here is my little toy 360 magnum aluminium heads and over bored to 020 roller rockers too

20181013_205659.jpg

fighter

Reaction score
I know I had to cut the bellhousing I was crazy soon to start it

fighter

Reaction score
early stage rebuild. Schwartz chassis behind the burb have to wait

20180915_215137.jpg

Back