• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Howdy ya'll

Moespar

Reaction score
Greetings and salutations,
I am happy to have found this forum. Just purchased my first E Body, 73 Challenger. I'll have a lot of questions, but I reckon first I'll do some searching here to find answers. Super exited about finally owning a Mopar. Thanks .

Cojohnso

Reaction score
Welcome from Minnesota. When your Chevy friends ask "Why are E-bodies so expensive?" You look at them in the eye and say. "Because they are worth it"

Moespar

Reaction score
Welcome from Minnesota. When your Chevy friends ask "Why are E-bodies so expensive?" You look at them in the eye and say. "Because they are worth it"

HAHA Thanks, the irony here is I've been a chevy camaro guy my whole life, and now I look back and think what a wasted life its been!! MOPAR rules.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
HAHA Thanks, the irony here is I've been a chevy camaro guy my whole life, and now I look back and think what a wasted life its been!! MOPAR rules.
My friends are Chevy guys. I'm the only Mopar fan/owner in the bunch. For me? Mopars are higher risk, thus higher rewards. Including body styling. Chevy? Just played too safe. Ford too. I use the Superbird as an example. 1969 Plymouth drew up the concept of a Superbird. Note: Roadrunner was only out for one year prior. Plymouth looked and said. "Nope, Nascar build needs more cowbell." Mopar always took more chances.

Moespar

Reaction score
She's been sitting for about 6 years, little rusty but the interior is not roached. I'm gonna go through her and make it into a nice ride. Got a 440 block and heads, I reckon that's a good start

IMG_3574.JPG

IMG_3575.JPG

IMG_3598.JPG

Moespar

Reaction score
Moparleo, thanks you've got me to reading about the handling of sb versus the power and weight of the 440. Because of my camaro days, I'm still a die hard, "No replacement for displacement" guy. But I really do appreciate your insight thank you. I've got to make a decision about what I want this car to do. How I want to drive it, etc. I'm just starting this journey so I guess I'll have some time to feel what the car says to me. Thanks.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. Looks like some earlier Hemi stuff in the trunk. Small block is a better handling set-up.
Come to think of it. I have never owned a small block Mopar. Do you need smaller tool set? (Of course I'm just kidding) Just thought it was strange. 383 smallest motor. (All Plymouths)

68 Satilite 383
69 GTX 440
70 Cuda (904 race specialty)
74 Duster 451
69 Roadrunner 383
69 GTX 440

Small block? Umm. Might be fun.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Moespar
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jerey
Glad you signed on!
Age old argument; big block vs small block.
I have owned both; depends on what you want to do with the car.
I personally like the handling and nimbleness the small block offers with less weight over the front end, and small blocks can make good power with the right combination of parts. JMO

Back