• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introduction,joined long ago,haven't posted.

frankenstein

Reaction score
To explain my forum name.Frankenstein,I have a 70 RT with matching # nothing,383 car with 440,trans and rear of unknown origins.The rest Is pretty much original.So with all the transplants,hence the name.And I'm 6'6" with very large feet and hands.

I've owned this car for 35 years,and in spite of it's current state,I love this old car.
It has been a street and drag car nearly it's whole life.It's been an auto to 4sp,now auto,8 and 3/4 390 to Dana 488,354,back to 8 3/4 430,now 390 again.

It was my daily driver,weekend warrior,street and strip ,burnouts every day ,same 440,this is one tough cookie, about 1994starter went out,2 kids came one after the other,work hours got long,and it sat for 18yrs.
Replaced starter,cleaned carb,ran fuel line to gas can,primed,turned 3 times and fired!
So missing HotRods I bought an 06 Daytona,the Challengers came out so in 12 bought an SRT.I love this car also,but I just drive it,and look at it.I miss wrenching,I miss the smell of raw fuel,and a hint of oil,I miss going sideways in a near out of control with no nannies.
God I miss driving the old girl.

So for the last couple of years I've been collecting parts,time to rebuild,add some modern performance.If all goes well,will be able to retire early and spend my life on my two old Hotrods.That is my only bucket list!

So this is where you guys come in.I'm rusty,behind the times on performance ,
and will be seeking advice in the future.

So there you have it in too many words,but one more thing.

Mopar Or No Car,I live it and believe it!

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Post up some pics when you get a chance, we'd love to see Frankenstein.

js29

Reaction score
Welcome from central new york. there is nothing wrong with building it the way you want it. after all it's yours

frankenstein

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.As ashamed of the state I have let it get in,I will get pics.
I know you guys like the abandoned car pics,I do.It will be a long road,and hopefully will show improvements as time goes on.It should still run well.
I have completed a total brake system redo,the trans was rebuilt before parking with a new at the timeTCI 3500 converter.I may go with a little less stall.
I have a new fuel tank,sending unit,stainless 3/4 fuel line,all in boxes.This is my next move.
It still sits on dry rotted GoodYear race slicks,some tires,then some smokey burnouts.

Back