• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

LED Stays On

money pit

Reaction score
I'm installing aftermarket gauges on my dash. I installed an LED for the E brake indicator. I removed the old light socket and spliced the red wire of the LED to the blue wire of the old indicator socket. I spliced the black wire of the LED to the black wire of the old socket. With the E brake on, the LED is bright. When I release the E brake the LED gets a little dim but remains on. I'm not sure what is going on. Any thoughts? Thanks

Huskidrive

Reaction score
I had the same problem. It turned out the wire to the distribution block under the master cylinder was loose. i tightened it and problem solved.

money pit

Reaction score
sounds like the switch is not completely disconnecting.
When I look at the switch on the E brake, it looks like it's disconnected. There's about an 1/8 in distance between the ground wire and the ground when the e brake is released.

money pit

Reaction score
I had the same problem. It turned out the wire to the distribution block under the master cylinder was loose. i tightened it and problem solved.
I didn't think about looking at that. Thanks.

money pit

Reaction score
I took the wire off the distribution block, the light went off. Thanks

Back