• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Losing fuel pressure !!! Need Help.

challenger512

Reaction score
Hi.

I have installed Aeromotive 340 phantom pump on my Challenger With 440-stroker 512. I use Holley x flow efi and holley regulator. I have an 6 fuel line withe pre filter and fine filter an 6. The system require 58-60 psi. The pump is New and under first test trip everything was working fine and motor responding strong . Second trip startet fine, but after a 1 hour the pressure slowly started to drop when i accelerate. The problem was getting bigger in the NeXT hour and it was coming a screaming noise from the pump. I stopped the car and started again and the sound was gone. Tok a New test drive and same problem, when hitting the gas fast or give more then half throttle pressure drops Down to 20 psi. If i hit the throttle it drops Down to 15 psi. When the motor is idle or slowly accelerate the pressure is 58-60 psi. Any suggestion what can be wrong.

rogue

Reaction score
some things coming to mind:
- is the tank breatihng?
- correct filters installed?
- something blocking a filter?
- proper return line?
- tank slosh or low gas level?
are you using an external regulator? The FITech systems have an internal regulator and don't require an external one.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
sounds to me like the pump is starving os at would be inspecting between the pump & in the tank where it picks up fuel

challenger512

Reaction score
some things coming to mind:
- is the tank breatihng?
- correct filters installed?
- something blocking a filter?
- proper return line?
- tank slosh or low gas level?
are you using an external regulator? The FITech systems have an internal regulator and don't require an external one.
The tank is breathing. Filters are correct and new. 1/2 inch return and supply. thank is full. X flow need external regulator, so i using the recommended regulator from Holley. And the system was working fine for the first 2 hours. The hole fuel system is all new, my thinking was maybe some dirt left damaged the pump or some thing. Also it was a screaming noise from the pump that disappeared when i restarted.

rogue

Reaction score
if all the lines and filters are clean with no obstructions or kinks in soft hoses maybe a power drop to the pump or just a bad pump?

moparleo

Reaction score
Just because something is new doesn't mean it works.
Diagnose step by step. First thing is to verify the electrical grounds and correct volt/amp input to pump, injectors etc... Once you have completely checked over the electrical system and it is working properly you can check the "nuts and bolts" meaning the parts are functioning as designed.
Filters should be the first thing you check. They are designed to trap debris. you may have stuff in the filter.
Have you contacted the manufacturers tech dept with your issue. That would be my first call for outside help.

Back