• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar vs Chevy??

Ray

Reaction score
No problem. I do agree in principal with your original assessment . The stock z/28 without the cross ram and proper rear gears was lacking. Still a fun car to drive.

a440plus6

Reaction score
The new Boss Mustang is a different story.....but it is still a specialty car that Ford put a lot of testing and development into that they would not put into any other showroom offering.
They engineered it to win races against the top European contenders.
Kinda like come full circle....gonna sell a few of them to the public so they can go race them.....on top of that they built 2 of them in different body packages so they can compete in 2 different types of racing classes.

Rob C

Reaction score
It would be nice if such a MoPar was offered to the general public that doesn't cost $40 grand plus. Crap, strip down a car and stuff it with a mad engine. Skip the airbags. There's enuff of those on capitol hill now.

ramenth

Reaction score
It would be nice if such a MoPar was offered to the general public that doesn't cost $40 grand plus. Crap, strip down a car and stuff it with a mad engine. Skip the airbags. There's enuff of those on capitol hill now.

I'd love to see it, rumble, but considering it's those airbags on Capital Hill that legislated that our new cars have air bags, ain't gonna happen.

But you're right. It would be nice of Chrysler woke up to the idea of the old time muscle car. Stripped down, little amenities, big horse, and priced cheap.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
While Chrysler has always been handycapped in virtually every racing arena to supposedly " Even the playing field" so that Chev could compete Mopars have still dominated it really comes down to "Only Clowns Wear Bowties " LOL

carsnguitars

Reaction score
So I know going to probably get flamed for this...but I luv sturring it up anyways...
This is what is wrong with the hobby today...too many people going over the top to bad mouth one brand over the next, rather than apprciate cars for what they are.
It is okay to prefer and love one brand over another, but to trash others is just wrong.
Too orignal Poster:
For someone just starting out in the hobby, a mustang or 350 chevy is a easy inexpensive way to start and learn. Mopars are great, but for first timers, parts and restoring them usually costs alot more. I say get the car you enjoy, and can afford (or you will run out of time and money and give up) drive it and have fun! If you cant afford the Mopar now, get something else learn and sell it later than move up, my 2cents!!
I love cars all kinds but must admit my 68 rs/ss sits between 70 chally and 68 charger, which I prefer to drive over the camaro..

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
no actually I can appreciate any of the classic cars , the time & effort to build them but I would never own one other then Mopar !!

Rob C

Reaction score
So I know going to probably get flamed for this...but I luv sturring it up anyways...
This is what is wrong with the hobby today...too many people going over the top to bad mouth one brand over the next, rather than apprciate cars for what they are.
It is okay to prefer and love one brand over another, but to trash others is just wrong.
Too orignal Poster:
For someone just starting out in the hobby, a mustang or 350 chevy is a easy inexpensive way to start and learn. Mopars are great, but for first timers, parts and restoring them usually costs alot more. I say get the car you enjoy, and can afford (or you will run out of time and money and give up) drive it and have fun! If you cant afford the Mopar now, get something else learn and sell it later than move up, my 2cents!!
I love cars all kinds but must admit my 68 rs/ss sits between 70 chally and 68 charger, which I prefer to drive over the camaro..

I'm with Chryo. Though I wouldn't mind owning and driving another brand. I have no real issue with a brand X car so bad I wouldn't short myself from enjoying it.

Around here, basic ribbing on a fun front and normally not to bad of a ribbing takes place. There was a time you may have very well had to defend yourself and your car from damage.

Sorry, a flag waver I am not and what I do wave a flag on is not so petty as being brand loyal to the point of being rude or destructive of others.

GOD
Country
Family :notworthy:

carsnguitars

Reaction score
I agree...Yeah we had a few fights back in day over cars, seems so silly now!

Rob - That says it all right there!!
GOD
Country
Family

74 challenger

Reaction score
i have owned 3 chargers all bb and there is nothing like a charger. everyone yes everyone stares at them.they drive awsome and if you put a 440 6-pack in it dude there are no words for it.go for the charger and you can find a 440 and even if its stock its a beast. have you ever looked in your rear view mirror and seen one coming up on you? a camaro doesnt come close you know when a charger is coming at you. but thats my opinion

Last edited:

74 challenger

Reaction score
Charger

P1010589.jpg

P1010605(1).jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
I'm with Chryo. Though I wouldn't mind owning and driving another brand. I have no real issue with a brand X car so bad I wouldn't short myself from enjoying it.

I'm with Chryco, too. Though there are a few other non Mopars I wouldn't mind putting in the stable. A '58 Impala convertible jumps to mind. A '55 Crown Vic. I learned to drive on my F250 when I was 13. And the '54 Ford we have has always been a blast to drive.

rumblefish360 said:
Around here, basic ribbing on a fun front and normally not to bad of a ribbing takes place. There was a time you may have very well had to defend yourself and your car from damage.

That's one of the reasons this thread has made it this far. If I thought there was any maliciousness going on I would have shut it down. So far, to me, it's been all in good fun. No one seems to be taking it too seriously, which makes the site unique in some ways.

rumblefish360 said:
Sorry, a flag waver I am not and what I do wave a flag on is not so petty as being brand loyal to the point of being rude or destructive of others.

let the cars wave the banner. :icon_thumright:

rumblefish360 said:
GOD
Country
Family :notworthy:

Agreed!

Super-G

Reaction score
I've had many Musclecars of many makes. A few I've owned over the years are as follows:

67 GTO 400 4 speed
70 GTO convertible 400 4 speed
67 Chevelle worked 350 4 speed
71 Chevelle SS 402 4 speed
71 442 455 4 speed
70 Duster worked 340 4 speed
71 Corvette convertible 350 4 speed
70 RS Camaro 350 4 speed
67 Nova 327 4 speed
69 Dart GTS 340 4 speed
86 Mustang GT convertible with a worked 5.0 and a 5 speed

Notice a trend? I don't drive automatics.

I've always liked certain Mopars but was never in a position to afford the ones I really wanted. Now at 43 with a full time job a house and 2 kids, I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to score a 73 Challenger 4 speed. If it had been a 340 auto car I might not have bought it, but the previous owner had installed a 440 6 pack, which to me is just about the Holy Grail of Mopar engines.

My feeling is this. ALL the manufacturers produced cars that are appealing. Honestly, it really is OK to LOVE Mopars to death, but admit that a 69 BOSS 429 Mustang is a bada$$ car. As much as I LOVE my Challenger I can also admit that a 69 RS/SS Camaro is a beautiful car. Just like when I had some of my GM cars, I drooled over a 69 Charger or a Cuda.

I think my fascination with Mopars started back in 1988 when I bought a 70 340 Duster. The car had a mildly worked 340, a 4 speed and an 8-3/4 rear with 4:10 gears. I was 19 and I street raced the snot out of that car and beat pretty much all comers. That's where my interest really peaked. A lot of GM big block musclecar owners accused me of having a 440 in that car and were pretty suprised when the hood popped and they saw a 340. Here's my old 340 Duster...

img007.jpg

My point is this. Every manufacturer made cool cars. For every Hemi Cuda that could beat a 396 Chevelle, there was a 454 LS-6 Chevelle to run right with a Cuda. For every 69-1/2 Super Bee with a 440 6 pack, there was a Stage 1 Buick to make your palms sweat at a red light. Disrespecting a certain brand just because you prefer another one kind of makes us look small as car enthusiasts.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Well said Super G! If I ever have all of the Mopars I want in my collection(unlikely) there are a couple of blue ovals that I wouldn't mind having, not to mention a few vintage Italian sports cars, early 60s Maserati 3500 GT.

msbaugh

Reaction score
I love Ford Chevy and Mopar, we're all in the same hobby so it doesn't make a difference to me. I like beating the snot out of em though. I will say this though, I would have to own every MOpar ever built to buy a mustang or camaro :p

TinCuda

Reaction score
I think that these older cars have a lot to do with nostalgia. I have always been fond of the 1970 Galaxie 500, just like the one my dad had when I was a kid.

Back