• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar vs Chevy??

Bigl2421

Reaction score
FIRST OF ALL I KNOW THIS IS A MOPAR SITE!!! BUT BE HONEST!!

What's up need an Honest opinion , I Love Mopars (70-73 Challenger, 68-70 Charger) but also love the 67-69 Camaro ,69-71 Chevelle , Wondering since i'm looking to get one of these soon, all these cars i stated are my favorite Muscle cars, which one would BE better (Performance,Look,Quality,etc.)and WHY??

CHALLENGER-Looks good

CHARGER-Looks good, Love the Hiding Head lights grill, Looks Real Beasty

CAMARO-Faster, Best looking Muscle car, Front hiding headlights,Lighter, Beasty

Chevelle-Fast, Looks good, 1 of the best all time

WHAT"D you Guys say??

DetMatt1

Reaction score
To each there own...
Not sure how the camaro would be concidered "faster", "faster" then what?
It is not that I don't like bowties or blue ovals, but one thing you've got for yourself when driving a Mopar is rarity, all models, accross the board. Among other things.
There is NOTHING like driving a Mopar!

ramenth

Reaction score
FIRST OF ALL I KNOW THIS IS A MOPAR SITE!!! BUT BE HONEST!!

What's up need an Honest opinion , I Love Mopars (70-73 Challenger, 68-70 Charger) but also love the 67-69 Camaro ,69-71 Chevelle , Wondering since i'm looking to get one of these soon, all these cars i stated are my favorite Muscle cars, which one would BE better (Performance,Look,Quality,etc.)and WHY??

CHALLENGER-Looks good

CHARGER-Looks good, Love the Hiding Head lights grill, Looks Real Beasty

CAMARO-Faster, Best looking Muscle car, Front hiding headlights,Lighter, Beasty

Chevelle-Fast, Looks good, 1 of the best all time

WHAT"D you Guys say??

I guess this all a matter of opinion when you state the 1st gen Camaro is "the best looking muscle car" but I have to ask, where did you pull your data from when you state it's faster. Faster than what?

Back in '89 Hot Rod mag did a straight up shoot-out: the Dodge camp - consisting of a '69 Daytona and an '89 Daytona Shelby - against the Chevy camp - a '69 Z28 and an '89 IROC.

I specifically remember reading this article in amazement - to go along with the staff of Hot Rod - that in the challenges that little 4 banger turbo car was eating the Z28 for lunch on a consistent basis. The '69 Daytona was finishing where you'd expect it to in such things as the quarter, etc - at the top - but if it wasn't winning the challenges the '89 Daytona was! The placing usually went: '69 Daytona, '89 Daytona, '69 Z28, '89 IROC. The only time the '69 Daytona fell flat on it's face was in the slalom, where you'd expect it, but even then, the '69 Z28, the one you'd expect to be the winner of this challenge, didn't touch the '89 Daytona. As a matter of fact, the little 4 banger put in better quarter mile times than the Z28. So, please, where do get the "faster" part of the statement? Especially in light of the fact that the '69 Daytona was a Charger in disguise?

Quality? Mopar. Never been in love with the subframe concept on the GM F-bodies. Makes a good street rod front end, grafted to an old full frame, but the unibody of the Mopars make for a tighter ride, plants the power to the ground better. And don't forget the torsion bar suspension. Light years ahead of GM's coil set up, to the point that if you look under most GM trucks these days you'll see torsion bars. And don't even get into the engine designs. I have a '69 Firebird convertible that I'm sitting on and my '74 Barracuda sitting the shop. Both have been taken apart and the restorations began. I'll take the E-body all day long.

Looks? Subjective. You've already stated that you think the Camaro is the best looking muscle car (which isn't true - it's a pony car).

Collectability? Investment? Rarity? Uniqueness? Mopar. The impact colors, the power plants combinations, the styling. Take a walk through your local car shows. How many Camaros do you see as compared to E-bodies? Hell, even Mopars in general.

74CudaDave

Reaction score
I think you should buy a Plum Crazy '74 Barracuda with a 440 in it that looks pretty good but still needs some work. And you should probably pay a little more than what it's worth, just because you want it that bad.

And this is your lucky day, I just happen to have for you, today, one day only....

:)

pagilman

Reaction score
Depends what your going to do with the car. If you are going to cruises and a few shows I would buy the mopar, they always seem to draw a crowd because of their rarity. I usually run with my son in law and his buddies with a bunch of novas and camaros and I seem to be the trophy magnet......

Bigl2421

Reaction score
Well first let me say, when I say faster I mean faster than the ones I selected in the thread I wrote, I know the history with the daytona, I want the ride to cruise, show it off (who wouldn't ), speed in it time to time you know

Last edited:

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
I'm going to be truly honest with you, Bigl2421. I wouldn't EVER consider buying a Chebby. Just my honest opinion.

nochev.gif

4985_1.jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have owned 2 Chevs .. my first & my last both were unreliable crap , the reason parts are cheap is you need so many parts to keep them running .
The Camaro is much smaller you almost bang shoulders , I have driven them but still not impressed , Chevelle never did anything for me in any year

Bigl2421

Reaction score
LOL, i like that (IF IM GOING TO HELL I'M GOING IN A MOPAR) NIIICCCEE!!!
Couldnt say it better, i guess its going to come down to a big decision and finally be decided based on which motor is bigger (powerful) on the car, if their equal or close on price...

Because honestly i already told you guys , the 67-69 camaros are Beautiful and beast looking (favorite), But at the same time the 68-69 Charger is Beautiful and Beasty looking also, and i have never actually seen it in person or someone driving it besides fast and the furious.lol.., until i seen it at a dealership in Newburgh,NY RED MINT MACHINE when i was driving by, But camaro i have seen couple times in Virgina..

:glasses7: Got the shades,dressed in all black, STEALTH ..what will it be

Bigl2421

Reaction score
another thing 383-440 engine mopar cars are like 20k + and u can find 396-427 Chevys for 14-15k looking good,

btceng

Reaction score
I was right there with you until I actually got my Challenger. The mystique and rarity of the Mopar is worth the difference alone. When you get down to the mechanics of each, the MOPAR is superior. It's not our decision. You ARE on a Mopar board. I have a 68 Firebird also and I like it better than the Camaro just because it is not so common. It is the same car as a Camaro so I can tell you for sure that the Challenger is a better built car. It's your money.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I cannot agree more , from an engineering standpoint the Mopars are FAR better built & designed cars , everything is built with overkill in mind not just "that is adequate" mindset

a440plus6

Reaction score
The only Camaro's I know of that were able to best the Mopars were the COPO's....same with Chevelles and Novas....that is factory cars.....not dealer prepped cars.
Now the Buick GS and Olds 442's were a different story.....they could hold their own depending on what optioned model you got.

Brads70

Reaction score
I've never liked Camaro's ...just hemroid cars to me...or parts cars for hotrods. I did like the 69 Chevelle. They are a nice handling car. Kept stock car tracks supplied with chassis for years. There are a few Fords I like too, but Mopars will always be my most favourite.

Bigl2421

Reaction score
Damnnn u guys but at the same time I appreciate your honesty and supporting my inner want for a car, which I realise today that I only wanted the camaro cuz I could get it sooner than a mopar, but. Guess what Mopar entering my garage soon or summer 12"
I was looking at this car on auto traders its a 70 challeneger clean black, only thing I don't like is the rack bs on the trunk, I know its rare but also ugly, also one thing bout this car, I see, it has a old pull down to gear shift (on the side of the steering wheel). Here is the link why does it have the shift like that,also is it real, and is it worth the price??

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/c...-Challenger-545428.xhtml?conversationId=45967

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
What do I think of it? It is one of nicest `70 R/T S/E's that I have seen and I definitely think that if it's not some sort of scam it wouldn't last for 4 hours on the internet at that price. Even if it were a clone R/T it looks to be worth no less then dbl that price. If that car is legit, jump on it now and you might have potentially gotten the best Mopar deal of the year!!!

I wouldn't give any personal info to the seller on this one, just saying...

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Oh yeah, column shift is one of those rare but non desireable options in an E-body, but I'd put up with it in that car!

Bigl2421

Reaction score
Yeah defently is nice, but like u said it shouldn't have lasted more than ,4hrs but its been their since last week, idk seems fishy,

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
You gotta do what ever makes you happy Bigl2421. Because whatever anybody else thinks is not important. I say what I say with a bit of sarcasm, I can appreciate all cars, and the craftsmanship put into them.

Last edited:
Back