• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar vs Chevy??

B

Benji

My dad was all Mopar after 1955. 1955 was the year that his favorite car company moved all auto production to Argentina. The brand? Kaiser! He loved 'em.

In 1957 after his 1953 Kaiser gave up the ghost, he bought a 1957 Plymouth Fury fordoor. He traded it for a 1960 Valiant wagon, then a 1962 Valiant wagon, then a 1964 Valiant wagon (with a slant six and a Hurst shifted four on the floor!) then a 1967 Plymouth Fury which was his very first automatic tranny, a 1970 Chrysler Newport, and a 1976 Dodge PU. He then went bonkers and bought a FORD and a Buick! When he died he owned a Chrysler Town and Country van.

I've owned a variety of cars in my 64 years. Two Model A Fords, (one a hot rod) a 1932 Chrysler CI 6, a 1947 Ford coupe hot rod, a 1966 Corvette, two 1968 Dodge Chargers, a 1968 Roadrunner, a 1969 GTO, a 1969 Chrysler 300 convertible, a 1970 340 'Cuda, a 1971 442, a 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, a 1973 Riviera, and an assortment of vans and other uninteresting cars!

Benji

the wall

Reaction score
DID YOU KNOW THAT A DODGE DART WITH A 340 RUNS HEADS UP AGAINST A 396 CAMARO IN G STOCK NHRA and the dart hold the record in the class. that's a small block same weight car against a 56 inch bigger engine. now there are big block mopars challenger charger you pick it. if you can find a big block chevy car that's in the same body condition as a mopar they might be a fraction cheaper but ill bet there not much. and the cheaper you have to mod a chevy to keep up with a mopar... whats cheaper stock or modified. you also need to ask yourself what do camaro head lights look like compared to challenger or charger tail lights cause that's what everybody else will be looking at.the way a car looks is something for you to answer on your own. i think of it this way if your so stuck on a camaro that its what you want over performance then i liken it to this... a nice looking girl is going on a date with you tonight but she has aids .what are going to do with that. there no performance. my all time favorite cars is a 71 cuda with billboard graphics so i date girl with out aids. i just had a thought though if you get the camaro that just gives me another race that i can have a guarantee me a victory. so get the camaro. when im going to car shows with my cuda and there 15 of them and there 75 camaros im really going to smile cause at that point i feel i won again. please take this in fun cause that's what im doing is having fun with this thread im mean no harm

TinCuda

Reaction score
I love the Camaro!!!

There are always lots of them at the car shows that I go to. It makes it look better when I take first place with lots of cars in my class...LOL

390330_296330183740091_100000893366438_891162_598153793_n.jpg

Last edited:

TinCuda

Reaction score
You know what? To add to that, at the last car show of the season that my wife and I went to, two weeks ago. My 2011 Challenger SRT-8 won first prize, my buddies 2008 Challenger SRT-8 won second prize and a brand new 2012 SS Camaro convertible got third. 1980 to present class. I think that is proof enough!

mopar440dad

Reaction score
FIRST OF ALL I KNOW THIS IS A MOPAR SITE!!! BUT BE HONEST!!

What's up need an Honest opinion , I Love Mopars (70-73 Challenger, 68-70 Charger) but also love the 67-69 Camaro ,69-71 Chevelle , Wondering since i'm looking to get one of these soon, all these cars i stated are my favorite Muscle cars, which one would BE better (Performance,Look,Quality,etc.)and WHY??

CHALLENGER-Looks good

CHARGER-Looks good, Love the Hiding Head lights grill, Looks Real Beasty

CAMARO-Faster, Best looking Muscle car, Front hiding headlights,Lighter, Beasty

Chevelle-Fast, Looks good, 1 of the best all time

WHAT"D you Guys say??

I've owned 8 first generation Camaro's and several MOPARS. I personally prefer the ride and performance of all the MOPARS I've owned over any of my Camaros. Plus Mopars aren't a dime a dozen like the Chevys you mentioned. Hey its a personal opinion, but this is a E BODY ONLY SITE!!!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
None for me thanks , I hate GMs never had a good experience with them poor quality & performance & Mopars are so much better in every way

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
Honestly, Please buy the Chevy because you are absolutely correct that they are CHEAPER TO BUILD. They need more parts to stay running, so there is a quantity discount for selling more parts. Go General !!

moparleo

Reaction score
I will tell you this. I don't know what you do for a living, but I recently retired from the Auto motive maintenance and repair business and all I can say is Thank God for Fords and Chevys. If the automotive repair market depended on broken Mopars for a living, they would have gone broke. This is a fact I have seen in over 30 years in the business. Fords are number one needing repair followed closely by GM. If any one else is in the business, I ask you over the years which of the big 3 did you see the least of in your shop.

Bill

Reaction score
I will tell you this. I don't know what you do for a living, but I recently retired from the Auto motive maintenance and repair business and all I can say is Thank God for Fords and Chevys. If the automotive repair market depended on broken Mopars for a living, they would have gone broke. This is a fact I have seen in over 30 years in the business. Fords are number one needing repair followed closely by GM. If any one else is in the business, I ask you over the years which of the big 3 did you see the least of in your shop.
Leo.
Even with the caravan transmissions? I had a caravan and was going through transmissions like popcorn in the mid 1990's and know others that went through the same thing.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I agree , Gm parts are always cheaper because you replace them constantly , so many things were far better engineered from Mopar

moparleo

Reaction score
Why else do you think our cars are the envy of everyone else. Drive a old Camaro or an old Mustang and then an E-body car down the street, how many thumbs up do you think the other guys get. Mopar or no car. Live it

74 challenger

Reaction score
But if you ever see a 69 charger in your review you know it is going to eat you alive. They look soooo mean.They look mean standing still.

Back