• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

My current project 71 as rusty as they come

PinballWizard

Reaction score
I've learned my lesson already when trying to save money on other cheaper brands of panels. You'll save so much time and money just buying something decent once.

Adam

Reaction score
I'm largely self taught Kind of a learn as I go situation. I've done a little metal work on my chevelle but this is a whole new animal.
I'd rather block sand for days than try to fit these panels but it's all part of the experience right.
I have grown very weary of block sanding, and would rather fit the panels these days... Sometimes you have to cut a relief with a jigsaw or body saw and weld it back up; also the new body panel structural adhesive is amazing stuff and you can use it in places where heat might cause warpage or heat damage. Is that your Miller mig welder in the background?

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to from Michigan. Looks like your nailin' it! Will be a fun project for you and for us to follow along and help you along as you need.

gzig5

Reaction score
Keep the progress pics coming, looks great. Looks like you aren't using a jig of any sort, just supporting on the torque boxes and frame rails? I need to do passenger side rockers so if you had any in process pics of that I'd love to see them

shoot1

Reaction score
Wow looking at his I dont feel so overwhelmed....lol. But I tell ya Ive been working on cars for 40+ yrs and I have worked on every piece of junk you can think of and I have never had a car fight me on every screw,bolt,nut.......like this car has and pballwiz Im sure yours has done the same thing. But it looks like you are doing an amazing job on yours buddy. Look forward to seeing more pics from ya

340challconvert

Reaction score
Pinball
Glad you signed up and :welcome: to FEBO
Looks like great work is happening on that Cuda
I personally found the fit of AMD metal a little better; I had picked up some Goodmark panels (quarter panel lower patches) and the equivalent AMD patch. AMD had a better contour. Was not worth the lesser price.
Keep the pics coming.

Dino2 (2).gif

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Welcome. Rusty but cool project. They all can be saved with time, money and love.

Back