• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

My First Car back in ‘90

bad2dabone1

Reaction score
Here to find tips on restoring my first ride so I can get it back on the road and feel safe in it...

‘73 340 Challenger

F351F0B6-56BB-48D0-8C1C-C356836B662B.jpeg

gzig5

Reaction score
Welcome. Looks pretty good from here. What are you concerned about?

bad2dabone1

Reaction score
Fuel tank leaking, fuel sending unit not giving correct fuel amount, transmission leaks, carb needs to be rebuilt, master cylinder leaks from cover, front end bushings need replacing...on the outside it looks good...but it’s been sitting for about 12 years under a carport. So far I replaced engine wiring harness and front main wiring harness since it shorted out behind the dash and caused a small fire in the engine compartment. Lots more to do...

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Panama /
Roseville Moparts is a great source for parts , the fuel senders have been a problem not reading accurately .

340challconvert

Reaction score
Bad
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Nice looking Challenger in Y1
Good that you sorted out the electrical first. Lots of things happen to a car sitting that long; gaskets dry out, gas tank rusts from moisture etc. My car sat in storage since 1984. Moisture collecting in the tank actually created rust holes. You may want to consider replacing the fuel lines too, just to be safe.
Good news; Plenty of resto parts are available now that were not available 20 years ago. Sound like you are methodically going through the car. Smart way to go. Good luck with the work. Pics of your work always welcome.

Last edited:

i_taz

Reaction score
Don't forget to pack your bulkhead connections with di-electric grease or you'll be chasing problems
you don't have...

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Little Rock!
Nice looking challenger. Keep em rollin!

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan! Very nice looking enough '73 Challenger.
Get the maintenance work done and get'er back on the road.

Back