• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New from California!

Reaction score
Hey everybody. Just registered on the 30th. The day after bringing home my first E-body! :icon_biggrin:

It's a '70 Barracuda assembled in Los Angeles, California. It was a 318/auto originaly. It came with a 451 Stroker/4-speed though. The body work is completely done and it came with a storage locker full of parts. Still sorting the parts and tools from the garbage. So far it looks like all the major parts are there besides a couple things. The guy who had the car drove it to the storage lockers and took the whole thing apart, did all the body work, and then couldn't finish it. So he sold it.

01.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

Adam

Reaction score
I saw that car advertised for sale, how much did u get it for?

Reaction score
Cruddy - Thanks a lot! I haven't found the fender tag yet. It was taken off the car at some point. I want it BAD! It has been around 15 degrees here the last couple weeks so not much progress has been made. I am going to contact the previous owner and see if he can point me in the right direction or if it was missing when he got the car.

Adam - I paid $6,000 for it. I had a '66 Mustang that I was building up and our air compressor crapped out. The owner of the car was selling his and told us about a 'Cuda he had for sale. So we went to pick the compressor up and when I saw the car in person I put the Mustang up for sale that evening. I've never really been a Ford guy. The Mustang was a nice car to learn a couple things on but it served it's purpose. I have been set on an E-body ever since I saw Vanishing Point. I originally wanted a '70 Challenger R/T but after only finding one '70 R/T for an unknown price and a '71 R/T for $10,000 I figured it wouldn't be until much later that I could afford one. I was having so much trouble finding a Challenger I didn't even THINK about a 'Cuda. To me they just seemed unreachable. So I got the Mustang for $700 and started working on that. Then this car came along and I jumped on it with everything I had! I didn't want to lose it. I still can't believe I have it. I have uncovered it a couple times to check for moisture and it always brings a smile to my face. :icon_mrgreen:

Adam

Reaction score
Wow, I shoulda bought that... thats a smoking deal with that engine and trans!

Reaction score
I know it! The guy has a build sheet I've been waiting for in the mail. I'll post a little more about the motor as soon as I get it. I am just now reading and learning about strokers. From what I've read so far they sound lean and mean! I can't wait to hear this baby fire up! The 4-speed is from Brewers Performance and it also came with a 727. Like I said in my restoration thread, to me this is the score of the century!

Here is the link to my restoration thread. I will be documenting the progress there...as soon as it warms up a little bit!

http://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/showthread.php?6039-1970-Cuda-Restoration-Project

Last edited:
Back