• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New From SoCal

Prpl 6-Pk

Reaction score
Howdy All!

I am new to e-bodies but not Mopars. We have a '68 GTX as well as just acquiring a 1970 Challenger R/T, 440 Six Pack, 4 speed in Plum Crazy..

According to the guy I purchased it from, the car is from the St Louis area and had been there since the late 70's. It was a show and race car then with a wild 80's paint scheme and a blown 340 for power.

Tis is what it looked like back then:

1970 Chall-1.jpg

1970 Chall-2.jpg

1970 Chall -3.jpg

And here are a couple of what it looks like now pics:

C70-web.jpg

C70r-web.jpg

Jeff

Aka Prpl 6 pk

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome . WOW are you sure that’s the same car LOL Do you know what the original specs of the car were?

Prpl 6-Pk

Reaction score
The original car is the Plum Crazy one. It is an actual 'V' Code car. When the original owner built the custom, he pulled the original engine and put in the blown 340. The original engine is still in the St Louis area and the guy I bought the car from is working on locating the engine. If he finds it, i will buy it and get it built to stock specs as the rest of the car is numbers matching as far as the trans goes. I don't recall if there is a vin stamp on the diff or not. It is a Dana 60 by the way.

The car went through a rotisserie restoration back in 2005 and that is when the color was changed from EF8 ( Dark Metallic Green) to FC7 (Plum Crazy).

What other specs would you like?

Jeff

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Boy that would be great if you could get the original engine (hope you do) I was just curious if it was a real V code. That went through a ton of work to bring it back to stock. Looks great

Real shaker car?

340challconvert

Reaction score
Welcome from New Jersey
Great job in bringing the Challenger RT back to normal.
Hope the engine turns up for you!
Dino2 (1).gif

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome from Michigan. I may have liked the look back when, but I really like the factory look today. Very nice Challenger!

Prpl 6-Pk

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys!

It is a real 'V' code car, but not a real shaker. :( Doesn't make any difference to me though, we just wanted an original Challenger to go with our modern (09) Challenger. This car will remain as it is with 2 exceptions. I need a hydraulic clutch as I have a bad knee and maybe wheels as I am not really in love with the Rally wheels that are on it now.

I already did a resto mod on our GTX. It looks stock form the outside, but I did a bunch under the skin. (4 wheel disc brakes, Tremec 5 speed, modern air, custom dash, and on and on!! )

RB: Yeah, I am just glad that I did not have to do the restore that they did to bring it back to stock!!

MoparLeo: Do you attend the Inland Mopar Club's Mopars in May?? If so, we will see you there. We will be coming up from San Diego with about 10 cars from our club..

Jeff

Prpl 6-Pk

Reaction score
Ok...
I just realized that I haven't taken any pictures of under the hood since we did that work.

Her are a couple to get you started:

GTX 217.jpg

This is the custom dash we did. The stock one was just a mess and I did not want to send it off for 6 months to someone to redo.
I got the idea from one of the folks on FBBO and had a piece of aluminum waterjet cut for fit across the entire dash. Gauges are Autometer with a GPS based speedo.

dash.jpg

As you can see it is a non console car. I just noticed that there is a GPS unit sitting on the dash! This was taken before I did the different speedo setup.

The GTX will come out of its private garage next week so I will take some newer pictures of it, especially under the hood and more of the interior.

Jeff

Back