• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New KB1 L Code Owner

chadmartin01

Reaction score
Hello fellow E-Body brotherin,
New Cuda owner located in Woodstock, GA here. Some of you may remember my post I had listed looking for a 73/74 Cuda. I would like to say thank you to those who had shared information with me about the cars they were selling.

I found a KB1, 1974 360, Automatic matching numbers car that was waiting for me to find it. Some options include: 26" Radiator, LH & RH Chrome Racing Mirrors, Tachometer, Factory Ac and Floor Console. It was manufactured 2 days before I was born, so I got about as close to my birth date as I could.

The Cuda had a white vinyl top that caused rust issues as most vinyl tops I've found do, So I need to replace the Roof Skin.

I'm looking forward to making new contacts in the E-Body world as the Cuda and I venture down the restoration path.
Please post pictures of Powder Blue E-Bodies if you have them. I'm not sure I want to stick with this color or not.

Chad

5.jpg

2.jpg

23.jpg

Last edited:

lastcuda

Reaction score
Glad you found one to rescue. Curious about how much you got it for if you want to share that. Good luck with the resto. Keep us posted on the progress.

RUNCHARGER

Reaction score
Neat find. I like the 74 L-codes, they're pretty scarce and the last muscle Plymouth pony car ever. I would restore it exactly as it came from the factory, it's pretty rare.

Sheldon

chadmartin01

Reaction score
Thank you Sheldon,
That's kind of the direction I'm headed with it. I always wanted a Big block car like most people, so I picked up a 400 with a big block 727 to build a 451 with this weekend. My thought is to put the 451 in for a couple years (while I'm young enough to enjoy it) so I can check that off the bucket list, then rebuild the 360 and set it back in and enjoy it as it once was. Only 3 things I will not put back factory will be vinyl top, wheels and radio. I'll hang on the the wheels in case someone wants them with it when my time on earth is over.

I am absolutely excited to have an L code. It will probably never reach the value of a 71 convertible. But when you do the numbers, the L codes are pretty rare. I know they sure are hard to find.

RUNCHARGER

Reaction score
Great plan I think. Personally I think the L-codes are the sleeper of E-bodies and the value will fall right in behind the 70 Cudas in a while. The 451 will be fun for awhile without doing any damage to the car and the 360 will be safe and sound.

Sheldon

moparleo

Reaction score
Congrats. I don't think that powder blue was a factory color. I know that the equivalent of Petty Blue was and faded very quickly. My 72 that I bought in 78 looked like powder blue. With a little polish and wax she gleamed like new. Came with a blue interior and white vinyl top. Got a build sheet or fender tag ? Remember that any thing that you can bolt on can be unbolted. So do it the way you want and save the old stuff for the next owner if they want to put it back to stock.

chadmartin01

Reaction score
Thank you Moparleo,
From what I've found Powder Blue and Lucerine Blue were both available in 74. It has 2 Fender Tags (and a long thin tag attached to the data plate screw, not sure what that is supposed to be) but I have not found a build sheet yet.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I've seen a few powder blue ones over the years. The extra tag hanging off the fender tag screw is thought to be where the inspectors left their punch mark as they signed off on the car on the line. You should post up some pics of the tags.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Pretty rare fish, a total of 761 360 automatics

Best of luck with your project!

1974 Plymouth Barracuda Production Totals:
Total Production
Barracuda Total
'Cuda Total
318 Engine Total N/A
Manual N/A
Automatic N/A
318 'Cuda Total 3,798
Manual N/A
Automatic N/A
360 Engine Total N/A
Manual N/A
Automatic 846
360 'Cuda Total 1,191
Manual 430
Automatic 761

Dino2 (1).gif

lastcuda

Reaction score
Mine is a 360 4-speed and I have some figures from years ago that show 398 of them. I have the dealer brochure that shows all the available colors and options. I'll look at all that again. I didn't remember that blue color when I was ordering one that they ended up not building. The dealer found mine in Tennessee after they said they wouldn't be building the one I ordered. I asked the dealer to see if I could get a 440 in one and he said he asked and was told no. That would have been something if they would have done that. Never hurts to ask. Anyway, I feel lucky to have gotten one at all and still loving it! Still more to do but am enjoying driving it. And here in North Carolina, we'd be tempted to call that Tarheel Blue!!! Good luck and have fun with it.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I had 74 Challenger 360 Rallye in powder blue. It looked good with the black top and stripes.

chadmartin01

Reaction score
I'm feeling very lucky to have found mine as well. Not quite as few as the 4 speed, but numbers on all 74's are quite low compared to previous years.

On second thought, I may just have to put a vinyl top on. I just found the blue/green Mod Top they used on the 70 models. That would look awesome with the powder blue

340challconvert

Reaction score
Always fun to decode the tags
It is pretty loaded
A lot of molding treatments
Color has to be pretty rare, with a white top and interior

Dino2 (1).gif

BS23:
Plymouth Barracuda
Special, 'Cuda
2 Door Hardtop
L4B: 360 245HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL HP
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
271043: Sequence number
E58: 360 cid 4 barrel V8 245hp
D34: Light Duty Automatic Transmission
KB1: Powder Blue Exterior Color
A6XW: Trim - Basic, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black/White
000: Full Door Panels
B29: Build Date: November 29
160020: Order number
V1W: Full Vinyl Top, White
U: USA Specifications
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C56: Bucket Seats
G11: Tinted Glass (all)

G54: Outside LH Remote Chrome Racing Mirror
G64: Outside RH Manual Chrome Racing Mirror
G74: Dual Chrome Racing Mirrors
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
J25: 3 Speed Wipers
J54: Sport Hood

L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M25: Wide sill moldings
M26: Wheel Lip Moldings
M31: Belt Moldings
M88: Decklid Moldings Treatment

N41: Dual Exhaust
N42: Chrome Exhaust Tips
N76: Coolant Recovery System
N85: Tachometer
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V6W: Longitudinal Stripes, White

chadmartin01

Reaction score
After the 26 (26" radiator) there is L2. One decoding site pulled this up as Secnd build date.
The door sticker says Manufactured 01/1974 is this what the L2 is referencing?

Last edited:
Back