• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Long Time Mopar Fan

Hudson464

Reaction score
Started out wanting a '68 Charger while in school. Saw Vanishing Point (the original) and everything changed. With the funds from my first full time job, I ordered, in September '72, from Rockville Center Dodge, (NY), a new '73 Challenger Rallye. She was black with white interior, AT, Light Package, and raised white letters. I wanted the 340, 4 speed, and 3.55 gears, but I was only 19 and had to have my dad sign the invoice. He said no-way. I had to settle for the 318 with the 904 tranny.
She was sold in '82 under duress. In 1995 I picked up a '73 340 Rallye, AT and Plum Crazy Purple w/white vinyl roof (not the original color and no vinyl roof). Started a full restoration 10 years ago. Five years ago life threw me curve. Haven't touched it since. And here we are.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Hudson
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
We have all had a Mopar we let get away in the past
How about some pics of the 73 Challenger rallye!

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO! Nice to have you with us! Don't give up! As long as you still have the Challenger you can get it back on the road! 😀

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the site , my first one got away also so I bought a second one that i have kept since 80 !

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
Yep, if I’d only kept the cars I once had!
Send some photos when you can.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
7A7ACB08-4274-45B7-976A-96A0224365E7.jpeg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
welcome to febo - Copy.jpeg
A Fish that got away.An other father son story like yours.

Welcome! An other of my favorite cars. the week I bought my 340 Rt Challenger for $1400.I closed my slush fund to pay cash.I was broke as a drunken sailor. A ship mate that had a 69 charger,took me for a ride in N Philly. And showed me a car at a dealer.A 8,000 mile Plum crazy CUDA with a shaker hood,426.AUTO. Dealer wanted $2,300.I went home ask my father to cosine a loan again as he did for first car.He said why! I said I wanted to park it. a weekend or Sunday car when I come home.NO!NO! NO! 1 had 6 children at home yet. 2 He drove his fathers 55 that had a 331. years later he said he drove the wheels off it. Grandfather always told Grandmother,it was hard on tires.I can not express how disappointed I was! Every time I see a CUDA like that. I remember the fish that got away!! 1 fish 2 fish 3 Plum CUDA fish! SORRY THIS WAS ABOUT ME,BUT WELCOME! This is the kind of people here.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I can't count or remember how many times that I showed that movie aboard ship. or how many times a there where demands to reverse and play again scene. Any pictures or did they vanish or fade away.Thanks for sharing.

One of few

Reaction score
I purchased my car in 1998, and started the restoration in 2017. Covid stopped all progress, and It’s been resting here at home as a jigsaw puzzle since then. I read these forums and gain enough interest to tinker with it once in a while. I hope you do too, and welcome to the site.

Back