• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New member, 70 Challenger owner from NE Florida

GreenOnions

Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen, I have been a happy owner of a 1970 Challenger, 318, with 6 pack, 4 speed, T/A clone for the last few months. My lovely wife bought it for me as a birthday present, as I have wanted a Challenger since I first saw VP as a teenager.

Firstly I would like to thank all the great contributors to this site for the invaluable knowledge I have already gained in my goal to improve the car to be reliable daily driver.

It's a good solid car, and great to drive. So far I have replaced the fuel tank and lines, rebuilt the park brake actuator and rear brakes, and a bunch of other stuff including repainting the cowl, new door hinges, and getting the wipers functional. I use the 2 weekend rule, i.e. hopefully drivable again by the end of the second weekend. This weekends project is new alternator, water pump and pulleys. Next on the list is to replace the brake lines and master cylinder, then the headers, and the current T/A exhaust with another.

I have worked on cars as a hobby for many decades, I am pretty good with all the mechanical and electrical stuff including engine builds, but I have near zero talent for bodywork.

Thanks in advance for the help I will need with all the questions I'm about to ask.....
1970 Challenger.jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Congrats , great Birthday present !! The Challenger looks great !
Welcome to the site from Panama !
I completely understand about the zero talent for body work !!
I even like green onions !!

GreenOnions

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome from Panama. One of my friends is about to retire to there from California.
" I even like green onions !!" The drag racing scene from American Graffiti is my favorite all time movie scene combining Rock N Roll and cars.

340challconvert

Reaction score
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Great looking Challenger.
I can relate; I am decent with the mechanical work, but not up to speed on body work.
Good people here who are always willing to help and share knowl edge and experience!

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan.
Congrats on the great B-day gift from the wife:thumbsup:.
Sounds like you have a good plan moving forward.

GreenOnions

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO! Greetings from Nebraska! Nice Mopar. :)
Hey, you're within driving distance of "Oles". That's cool. I spent 2 years in Columbus (NE) back about 20 years ago while working in nearby Schuyler. Had a great time in Nebraska, and have remained in contact with some good friends in David City and Columbus.

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Yeah, I have been to "Oles" a few times, good food there! Where the heck is Amelia Island? We have a Grand Island, LOL . Nice to meet me you and hope to see you around FEBO , A lot of nice People here! :)

GreenOnions

Reaction score
Yeah, I have been to "Oles" a few times, good food there! Where the heck is Amelia Island? We have a Grand Island, LOL . Nice to meet me you and hope to see you around FEBO , A lot of nice People here! :)

I went to Ole's while travelling between Columbus and Pikes Peak for the hill climb a couple of times. Unfortunately haven't been back since. I suspect my wife might not like the wall art there though.

Amelia Island is at the very north east corner of Florida. We recently moved from California, one coast to the other. I-80 was just too far north for the drive across, otherwise it would have been great to see Nebraska and friends again. And I am a (long suffering) Huskers fan. Work used to take me to Grand island, I know exactly where it is.

On forums, I usually put Gatlin, Nebraska as my location. Another movie reference.

fasjac

Reaction score
:thumbsup:Welcome to the site from Arkansas, and happy Birthday! She did well. Nice ride sir. Oh, and love the two weekend rule.

Rapidfire

Reaction score
I went to Ole's while travelling between Columbus and Pikes Peak for the hill climb a couple of times. Unfortunately haven't been back since. I suspect my wife might not like the wall art there though.

Amelia Island is at the very north east corner of Florida. We recently moved from California, one coast to the other. I-80 was just too far north for the drive across, otherwise it would have been great to see Nebraska and friends again. And I am a (long suffering) Huskers fan. Work used to take me to Grand island, I know exactly where it is.

On forums, I usually put Gatlin, Nebraska as my location. Another movie reference.
Ok, Amelia north of Jacksonville! Yeah, Oles got a good collection of trophies going on for sure. Where at in Cali did you move from? I have lived in San Dog and Frisco out on Treasure Island and also in Alameda Oakland area.
Yes, good old Gatlin Nebraska straight out of Stephen Kings "Children of the Corn". Never could find it on the map! LOL. 😂

Tactical185

Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen, I have been a happy owner of a 1970 Challenger, 318, with 6 pack, 4 speed, T/A clone for the last few months. My lovely wife bought it for me as a birthday present, as I have wanted a Challenger since I first saw VP as a teenager.

Firstly I would like to thank all the great contributors to this site for the invaluable knowledge I have already gained in my goal to improve the car to be reliable daily driver.

It's a good solid car, and great to drive. So far I have replaced the fuel tank and lines, rebuilt the park brake actuator and rear brakes, and a bunch of other stuff including repainting the cowl, new door hinges, and getting the wipers functional. I use the 2 weekend rule, i.e. hopefully drivable again by the end of the second weekend. This weekends project is new alternator, water pump and pulleys. Next on the list is to replace the brake lines and master cylinder, then the headers, and the current T/A exhaust with another.

I have worked on cars as a hobby for many decades, I am pretty good with all the mechanical and electrical stuff including engine builds, but I have near zero talent for bodywork.

Thanks in advance for the help I will need with all the questions I'm about to ask.....
View attachment 75803
welcome to the site, sweet mopar

Back