• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Member from WV.

jdfordjr

Reaction score
I'm new to this Mopar/Hot Rod scene, lol. Class of "74 which gives you roughly my age and genre likes, don't let WV fool you were only located 40 miles SW of Pittsburgh. Anyway, a close classmate of mine had a significant stroke in 2015 and without any family buy a 90 year-old failing father, I became his POA. Dave has a 1970 Challenger that was barn kept since the late 80's and is the last piece of any personal possessions he has and it is currently being redone. It was built for the drags and is not being redone with a 440 big block. It originally had a 340 magnum Dave punched out to 15:1, tunnel ram with twin holleys and a semi roller cam, pretty sure he didn't put a full roller cam in it. He did most of this work while in the Navy while I was raising a family. Anyway, I'm setting on 3 engines in parts of course, 2 340's and a 383 Dave saved for some apparent reason. I have a buyer interested and have no clue their value.

davedichauzi0020.jpg

davedichauzi0021.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
It would be worth figuring out if any of the engines are actually original to the car Before you sell anything off. Can you tell us the first five digits of the VIN please?

moparleo

Reaction score
The value on the 340's depends on the years and bore size/condition. 15:1 is just the compression ratio not a bore oversize. Semi roller ? Anyway like anything else a picture only tells us so much. Those type of builds are old school when gas was good.
Welcome to the club.

340challconvert

Reaction score

jdfordjr​

I have to reiterate what DetMatt suggested; examine the engines you have and determine if there is a matching numbers engine. It will make a difference in value.
Secondly,
your car looks to be an A66 Challenger, a special car in itself! A matching motor would be a plus.
I manage the data bank for the Challenger A66 Registry on FB. I would appreciate if you could share the serial number that I could check against the Registry, or to be added to the Registry. There could be any number of individuals in the Registry interested in the car,
An A66 Challenger would have value, especially with a numbers matching or even a year correct engine.

Last edited:

cuda joe

Reaction score
welcome from new jersey my brother inlaw lives just outside of washington pa. nice country out there

Back