• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to Mopar

Jerry Ikemire

Reaction score
Hi there! Just joined because I'm about to have a baby...a '73 Challenger. First Mopar EVER! Had Chevys and Fords and know how to build 'em but this is a new breed to me and am hoping I can gather all the intel I need to build another nice 70's muscle car from all of those here that have gone before me in an E body resto! Looking forward to the Challenge(r)!!

DrEamer

Reaction score
Welcome to the dark side!!! Actually Mopars in many ways are no different then the other brands, they just have their own peculiarities. Please share some pictures, and your plans for your car/baby!!!

340challconvert

Reaction score
Jerry
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Looking forward to some pics of the new family member!
Dino2 (1).gif

Jerry Ikemire

Reaction score
I can't get to pictures just yet but I can tell you this is in excellent condition! There is no rust other than slight surface rust. Even the inner bolt holes on the fenders aren't showing any rust. No putty in it anywhere. All there except windshield and back window....and theres no rust where they lay into the body! 318/727. I want to throw a 340 or bigger in but I've been reading I can build close to 400 hp with the 318....gotta ponder that for awhile. I'll pick it up in 2 to 3 weeks and post some pictures then. Currently it's multi color and primer. Originally yellow (based on the yellow engine bay) but not sure what color I'll paint it. SO many good combinations that make the body curves and contours pop!!!

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT. Show us what you got when you get a chance and please keep us posted on what you decide to do with it...

Jerry Ikemire

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. Where are you located ?
Located 60 miles west of Chicago. I haven't got the car home yet but managed to grab these pictures in a VERY cramped garage. The drivers side is just as good if not better than what you can see on the passenger side. It has a 318 with I'm assuming the 904. I'd like to go with at least the 340 so I can build with a little more confidence in what the block can take. Hard time finding one though.

20190627_161005.jpg

20190627_161113.jpg

20190627_161206.jpg

Back