• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to this site, but an old timer with Mopars

1971 Gran Coupe

Reaction score
I just happened on the site late last night on the hunt for parts for my 71 Gran Coupe. It will be a driver, no trailer queen, just want to enjoy it. I have been over on the CC site, but think this will be a good complement for info and parts as well. I recognize a few names and will get to know others as time goes on. Depending on what time of year it is, I may be up north or down south. I really don't care for the ice and snow anymore.

Not sure what else to share, so I will just say hello to everyone. :)

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from mid Michigan. So you must be down south right now in warmer temps. 5 to 10 inches of snow near here today. Post up some pics of your project.

1971 Gran Coupe

Reaction score
The car is not much to look at yet. I bought it about 16 years ago and just now getting around to do something with it. It was totally stripped and the parts came in many many boxes. I have one picture of what it looked like when I got it and a couple others after doing some work on it last month. It is a 383 big block Gran Coupe, very early SPD, 802. For whatever was going on the build of the car, it did not get the Gran Coupe Crest for the trunk lock. no holes in the tail panel, someone sure was sleeping on the line that day. LOL

cuda2.jpg

DSCN1655.JPG

DSCN1652.1.jpg

DSCN1779.JPG

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Nice project. I assume it has a fender tag being that you know the spd, are you going back to original with it? Color combo?

1971 Gran Coupe

Reaction score
Nice project. I assume it has a fender tag being that you know the spd, are you going back to original with it? Color combo?
At first, I was going to put the gilled fenders on it, but after so much thought, I am more into originality and the options it has. It is a triple black car as well. Black interior, vinyl top and paint. Lots of black, not sure if I am a fan of that yet. I have the two tags, but they are at home with the car. Probably not be back to work on it til late Spring. I have its sister car, at least that is what I call it. It is a 71 RT car that has the vin within 100 of the GC. It is need of a full resto as well. Will most likely sell it this summer to help fund the GC.

thanks for all the comments everyone--

wingcarenvy

Reaction score
Welcome! Triple black barracuda is pretty sweet. Years ago I had a double black 71 cuda. Unrestored two tag car. Sold it to buy a house. Smartest stupid maneuver ever.

Back