• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Newb from Southern Cali

CrispyK74

Reaction score
Hello all,
I finally took it up to join this forum and felt I needed to introduce myself. My name is Chris, i live in Lakewood, Ca. I have been a huge cuda/challenger fan since I was a kid and now I own a 1971 Challenger. She is my first project, but I have been working on her for sometime now and nearing her completion. She started out b5 blue with a 318 motor but now is lemon twist yellow and has a rebuilt 440 engine, 727 auto transmission, and 8 3/4 rearend. It's missing the fender tag, but got the build sheet, happy about that. I'm still missing a few peace but that's why she's a project right.
Some of the questions I have are what is the color code of paint used for a R/T grill and taillight assembly(ppg color code), and what is the long piece of metal that attaches to the radiator support and the grill clips to it (I need that and the grill)

image.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Chris!

I'm not familiar with the piece you're talking about, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

dfrazz

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! She looks pretty straight and I like the yellow. My '71 is not an RT so sorry can't help there.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Here's the piece you're searching for and no this ones not available!

image.jpg

CrispyK74

Reaction score
Yes that's the piece do you know where I can get one or if they make an after market piece

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I don't think they're being stamped out in the aftermarket, I think you're just going to need to be patient and hit some Mopar swap meets and do some nationwide Craigslist searches.
You could try some of the Mopar salvage yards like Wildcat or Stephens performance, pick up a Mopar Collectors Guide Magazine and check the classifieds and the list of advertisers.

Back