• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

No oil pressure on start up

Tom Frost

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you had to go through all this, Tom. But as said before, good info has been shared here, as in what not to do when priming your engine. Did the shop end up putting your engine on the dyno??
No. They would have, but I'd have to pay and it's not worth it to me as it's probably 325-350 hp motor.

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
That would cost him another 500 mile trip!

As a side note;
"Dumb friends are worse than smart enemies"

It's a quote by me, but anyone is welcome to use it .🤗
OP said he took the engine back to the shop, was just wondering if he took advantage of the offer for the free dyno test while he was there.

budascuda

Reaction score
OP said he took the engine back to the shop, was just wondering if he took advantage of the offer for the free dyno test while he was there.
I know, I figured they wouldn't have been able to set everything up on the same day and Tom would have to take a second trip to pickup the motor at a later date.

500 miles, man.... I like driving but wouldn't want to do that too often 😳

Tom Frost

Reaction score
NO. Engine had oil pressure (70 lbs) when the shop checked it...so no need to tear down and offer of free dyno was voided as they were not at fault.

Back