• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

origonal owner 73 Rallye

a68postcar

Reaction score
and i have to chime in with a very strong 3rd on this car. just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

burdar

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I've lost a little interest in it lately but hopefully that will come back. There are a few issues to work out of it. After putting so much time into it, it's frustrating when these issues pop up. I just want to hop in and drive.

burdar

Reaction score
1973 infront of my grandparents house
challenger73002.jpg

2013 in the same spot
102013007_zpse4efee08.jpg

Tried to age the picture...
102013007_zpsb7fd51ae.jpg

Bill

Reaction score
Very, very, very, very, very cool. Simply awesome! Perfect!. Congratulations!. Brovo and anything else I may of missed!
1973 infront of my grandparents house
challenger73002.jpg

2013 in the same spot
102013007_zpse4efee08.jpg

Tried to age the picture...
102013007_zpsb7fd51ae.jpg

ECS

Reaction score
I just saw this thread for the first time and went through every page and picture. You did a phenomenal job Darren!! That is one of the best projects I have ever seen and the story makes it even better. You brought the car back to look brand new again. I think that year Challenger has the most class and curb appeal of them all. What a tremendous accomplishment. It is absolutely beautiful and stunning!

Fordication

Reaction score
Long Iowa winters had taken there tole on the body. It was easy to see that the quarters were junk as well as the front fenders. The car had been repainted at least once in its lifetime and it looked as if there was a good deal of bondo in the trunk lid as well. It didn't sit flush with the quarters.

In 95 I went around to a few bodyshops to get some estimates on body work. The few shops I went to basically just laughed at me and said they weren't interested. I found a shop that was willing to put quarters on the car and fix some rust in the trunk. It was only after the car was at the shop that I found out they did really bad work. What was supposed to be a 3 month job turned out to be 2 years. When I got the car back, I understood what everyone was talking about.

There was bondo everywhere. A lot of the rust was just bondoed over and it was up to a half inch in places. The quarters were hung very poorly and the rust in the rocker area wasn't addressed before hand. I wasn't even told that there was rust in that area. The used rear valance I had purchased for the car had some minor damage that would need fixing. The valance was just tack welded to the quarters and the seam was bondoed over. Big steel plates were slapped onto the sides of the frame instead of being fixed and large sheet metal patches were placed on the trunk floor and tacked in place. Everything that the shop did would have to be replaced. Here's some pics of there work.

View attachment 1414

View attachment 1418

View attachment 1419

View attachment 1420
I do everything myself then take it to the body shop for them to finish painting. I do not trust any of them. There are no real body people in those shops anymore.

73Machine

Reaction score
I know it’s been quite some time since you posted on this thread, but what size screws did you use to mount your grill to the header panel?

moparlee

Reaction score
I know it’s been quite some time since you posted on this thread, but what size screws did you use to mount your grill to the header panel?
Since he hasn't been on here in 7 yrs, you might try sending him a PM and he will get an email message.

Back