• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Powder Coating

CudaChick1968

Reaction score
I've been on here for quite awhile now and can't help but notice a lack of mention on this subject in your restoration threads.

Why is that?

Are you guys concerned more with using "factory" finishes or just don't know much about it?

I would like to help, and perhaps eventually see more of you in my customer rolodex. A few here are also members of the B- and A-Body forums and are very familiar with the shop; I want you to be too.

Though most of what I've turned out the last 14 years is truly custom, you should know powders to replicate any factory finish and match any color are available these days.

EEc_HeLXUAEElns.jpeg

EIjMk4nXUAAC0e6.jpeg

This is just a quick intro by way of my FEBO Garage. Feel free to post up or get in touch if you have questions or need any info.

The Most Exceptional Custom Powder Coating in Existence ...

Thanks for looking, and Happy Easter!

Leanna ~ The CudaChick
Owner/Operator
Phoenix Specialty Coatings ~ Exceptional Custom Powder Coating
Northwest Tennessee

Reaction score
Your valve covers look great.

Powdered coat sucks for a restoration. This is why. I’ve been told the person who applied it did it wrong. That may be true but I can tell it on cars and I don’t like it.

it’s too thick
it’s not smooth
It changes the look of the surface of parts
It changes the shape of parts
It doesn’t get in tight spots
It doesn’t build up on the sharp edges of metal
Brake cleaner will discolor it.
It cracks off suspension parts when bolts are torqued.

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Powder coating is awesome , I love it , I did most of the suspension on my Challenger , it is far more durable than any paint & the choices of colors & finishes is amazing !

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Your valve covers look great.

Powdered coat sucks for a restoration. This is why. I’ve been told the person who applied it did it wrong. That may be true but I can tell it on cars and I don’t like it.

it’s too thick
it’s not smooth
It changes the look of the surface of parts
It changes the shape of parts
It doesn’t get in tight spots
It doesn’t build up on the sharp edges of metal
Brake cleaner will discolor it.
It cracks off suspension parts when bolts are torqued.
Yep, your powder coater sucks.

Rich G.

Reaction score
I powder coat just about everything that fits in my oven. I even bought the wrinkle black powder and did the air cleaner on my Challenger.

DrEamer

Reaction score
The one problem with powder coat here locally is most of the shops are high volume operations that cater to the industrial customers. If you have a small job, or want something other the basic colors, you are not important enough. There have been a few home based shops that pop up, but they seem to all go away. If I had something that was truly custom, or justified some high end work, then a shop like Leanna's makes sense. Unfortunately, shipping cost will most likely keep me from sending what work I might want done to her.

Rob C

Reaction score
A rattle can painted Victor, a sand blasted TR and below that, a never used W2/TR. A well used Holley Street Dominator. Note the color variances.

D3BE7602-4FB8-49AE-9B17-C83B14AA6923.jpeg

8F7E4397-BD7C-4BFE-A8AD-FEBF10DC8605.jpeg

861F6B0B-6558-41F6-BBEF-1C6693239707.jpeg

Rob C

Reaction score
Top picture is when the RPM-AG was first done when LeAnna first opened up her doors, second picture was just taken to show how it is today. Not even cleaned after some (years of) usage.

Leanna, your going to have to date when I had this intake and the W2 Holley Street Dominator done. And if you happen to have a picture of the finished Holley, which is not on my phone.

C2A63FDE-3299-4948-937E-38A2E7A5BB98.jpeg

4227CFFF-96B4-43E4-9378-AAECB07D97FD.jpeg

87841CC4-F7EA-4FED-99CE-3F6650B6F321.jpeg

Wonder Woman

Reaction score
I've been on here for quite awhile now and can't help but notice a lack of mention on this subject in your restoration threads.

Why is that?

Are you guys concerned more with using "factory" finishes or just don't know much about it?

I would like to help, and perhaps eventually see more of you in my customer rolodex. A few here are also members of the B- and A-Body forums and are very familiar with the shop; I want you to be too.

Though most of what I've turned out the last 14 years is truly custom, you should know powders to replicate any factory finish and match any color are available these days.

View attachment 70100
View attachment 70101

This is just a quick intro by way of my FEBO Garage. Feel free to post up or get in touch if you have questions or need any info.

The Most Exceptional Custom Powder Coating in Existence ...

Thanks for looking, and Happy Easter!

Leanna ~ The CudaChick
Owner/Operator
Phoenix Specialty Coatings ~ Exceptional Custom Powder Coating

Last edited:
Back