• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Power brake problem need help

challengingjab

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a little problem since I put a Comp cam in my 74 Challenger with a 440 I have lost so much vacumn I now don't have enough Brake pedal to stop safely in an emergency . Only about 11 to 12 lbs of vacumn, I have added a vacumn canister that helps some but still doesn't seem to be adequate. I have been that their add on 12 volt vacumn pumps that aren't to expensive but have only been to find ones that cost from $ 160 to over $200 . I thought maybe someone on here might know of a less expensive pump that would work . Any help or Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jerry

moparleo

Reaction score

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Not a cheap fix but about the best. You won't care about the price when you have to stop or end up in an accident. Hydro boost.
I agree or switch out the cam.

Last edited:

js29

Reaction score
Hydro boost is how diesel equipped vehicles get power brakes. it's the best fix for your situation!

Adam

Reaction score
Are you sure the vacuum port is hooked up correctly, and has no leaks? Do a vac test on the booster and on the line it self. make sure there are no reducers or Tees to another source.

Back