• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear Valance Bracket

steve817

Reaction score
0118141425.jpg Hello, This is a bracket for the back valence of a 70 Challenger. It fits in the palm of your hand. I have not seen very many of these put on cars and looking to find out more info as to the application. They fit on the dual exhaust cutout valances. I am looking to find another one for my project. Can anyone help? Steve in Wyoming

0118141425.jpg

Moparparts

Reaction score
Those are the rear valance (stone deflector) reinforcements and are commonly missing i wonder if many of them where missed from the factory it sure seemed that way. There are a few different ones and as i remember rights and lefts for the Cuda and Challenger i have some used ones PM me

RUNCHARGER

Reaction score
I was wonder what those were for in my basketcase. I better bead blast them, what finish is supposed to be on them?

thanks
Sheldon

Moparparts

Reaction score
Rear valance bracket reinforcements

Here are pics from the FSM of the brackets on the Cuda and Challenger. There was apparently suppose to be a total of 4 per car, 1 on each side of the openings for the bumper guards. I have 2 factory 71-74 Challenger valance pans here without the exhaust cut outs that only have 1 hole provisions per bumper guard opening to mount these. The original valance dated 3 11 70 on my 70 T/A without cut outs, as well as another 70 Challenger T/A one that is dated 10 30 69, have only 1 hole provision to mount these on each side. I have a 70 factory Barracuda valance without cut outs with a 5 29 96? date that has 4 hole provisions to mount these. My 70 AAR, without cut outs, does not have any holes to mount these but I can't quite make out the date as the elastomeric rear bumper is too close to the top edge of the pan to make it out. I also have a 71-74 Barracuda valance without exhaust cut outs that has no holes. If anyone else has documented info on use of these reinforcements, please reply, so others and the OP can figure out what they need. From what I've seen, the AAR and T/A never used these reinforcements, as the rear body panel bumper mounting cross member does not have the holes for mounting them, and neither does the 73 340 Cuda I have here.

diagram2.jpg

diagram.jpg

Back