• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rebuild

sgcuda

Reaction score
I've had my 70 'Cuda 440-6 since 1979. Engine locked up during purchase. Took my first trophy at 14 seconds that summer running a 383 4 bbl. Car went away in the winter and came back out in 82 as a track car running 12's with a 440 six pack. When I got married in 89 the car was running 9's with a 440 with 1050 dominator. It's been a long time and a lot of personal hardships, but the car is now getting a 2x3 chassis with front struts and Smith Racecraft Ultimate ladder bars, and c/m cage aiming at running mid 8's by fall with a 500 RB.
Cuda display.jpg

sgcuda

Reaction score
Cage almost complete. A couple more bars, then just mounting tabs and stuff. Going to paint frame with Rustoleum, mostly because when it gets scratched up, I can get another can from the local Walmart. Body will be painted in the near future. Axles, rear brakes next. Then have to find a set of front struts, fabricate steering column, headers, stuff. Looking to trade complete fresh GenIII engine for aluminum RB block, if anyone is interested.
door X installed.jpg

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
Making good progress, its really looking like a real race car, but, I know you need a lot to run in 8's

sgcuda

Reaction score
Rear axle complete. Shortened, new Moser axles, Dr Diff spool, Wilwood brakes.

Rear brakes installed.jpg

sgcuda

Reaction score
Picked up 1 side of strut kit for a song. Still looking for the other side.

front strut mock up.jpg

sgcuda

Reaction score
Finally got to drop and bolt the body on after a year and a half.
rolling chassis 8.jpg

Prostreet73

Reaction score
Welcome from Yellowstone country! Always fun to look at another speed freaks project. Looks awesome!

sgcuda

Reaction score
Made my own spring compressor to install springs on the new Strange struts. Picked up an Indy block that needs a little TLC. First time car is on all fours in almost a year and a half. Feeling good about progress, although, still frustrated at the slow time frame.

Indy block in bay.jpg

sgcuda

Reaction score
Well, 500 is done and gone. Had some issues and decided to go a different route. The Indy block that is in the previous pic is getting ready for shipping for repairs. Crank and rods are in the works. B1 heads are getting freshened. Thumper is completing 2 Dominators to go on top of the Hogan intake. Cam is on workbench. Working on some headers. Sold my freshened up 5 speed Nash box. Will be looking for an Equalizer soon.

sgcuda

Reaction score
2 1/2 years into the build. Chassis is done. Will make arrangements to get her certified next week.

chassis done 2.jpg

chassis done 3.jpg

chassis done 4.jpg

Cudafor36

Reaction score
I admire your patients. I don't have that kind of drive in me. Let us know how she pulls at the track. Should and better be very impressive. Lol

Back