• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

sheet metal purchase

Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering where the best place to buy sheet metal parts for fitment and pricing?

I was looking for some rear quarters and also a new truk lid

i was looking at Stevens is this a good place?
they also claimed to have a kit for the front & rear bumpers to look like the 1970 style

moparleo

Reaction score
Stephens is a major player in todays resto market but there are others too. Right now the best mfg of after market sheet metal is AMD. You might first check with our sponsors who support this site. You can go to AMD's website and check who their dealers are in your area. Pricing is going to be pretty much the same where ever you get it. The most important thing is the installer. Good parts need good workmanship or its a waste. Mancini is good, as well as others. Just do your shopping, write down your questions so you can get an apples for apples quote.
Good luck and welcome to the site !

Reaction score
Thank you for the info & the welcome!

azmoparboy

Reaction score
metal

Thank you for the info & the welcome!
Hi 1973,
Did some shopping myself, found out that I could order metal from a local resto shop at a better price than from the AMD web site. Because of the amount of metal that the shop was ordering from its supplier, he was getting it at a lower price and no shipping. So it was a lot less pricey. Just do your homework because there are lots of different prices out there and the shipping is super high. Good luck

azmoparboy

ramenth

Reaction score
Hi 1973,
Did some shopping myself, found out that I could order metal from a local resto shop at a better price than from the AMD web site. Because of the amount of metal that the shop was ordering from its supplier, he was getting it at a lower price and no shipping. So it was a lot less pricey. Just do your homework because there are lots of different prices out there and the shipping is super high. Good luck

azmoparboy

Welcome aboard.

Having been one once upon a time, local restoration shops who buy in bulk or who are set up as vendors for certain companies can, indeed, pass on a better price. Shops who are set up as distributors can usually pass on an even better price.

Welcome aboard to the both of you! Take a chance to stop into the welcome wagon and post up pics of what you own.

moparguy440

Reaction score
hello 1973 i have used amd metel would say best on market as far as fit and i can save you 5% off what amd is asking for it only thing is shipping just for 1 1/4 panal its $135 but its a one time shipping fee so if you have more metel you need better off ordering it all at one time that could get pricey at $135 a wack so if you still need metel let me know what you need and i can give you a quick price with the shipping on it

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Dave @ Roseville Chrysler in Detroit is another excellent source for AMD & anything else needed to restore you car .

Back