• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

strut rod

wilbur

Reaction score
I removed my K frame and found my left strut rod has a slight bend in it at the rear mount I do not believe it should be there. Can I straighten it out or should it be replaced. any ideas ? if it can not be saved does anybody have one ?

Mopar Mitch

Reaction score
I'd replace it, pending on how much curve is in there.... 1/4" bow or more? replace it. Also, inspect the bushings front and rear... maybe worn out?

Similar question -- I'm intending to replace my strut rods... either with the Firm Feel adjustables (using poly flat-type bushings)... or else.. with the PST or Hotchkis-type which has a heim-joint end up front. So... I wonder if anyone has opinions or experience .. preference for one design over the other??

My intentions with the car has always been competition autocross and recently hi-speed road course lapping sessions (HPDE/HSAX)... and its become a driver to/from the wknd events (was formerly trailered everywhere).

Any comments to preference?

I'd not want to end up having a bent or broken strut rod. T/Anks ahead.

moparleo

Reaction score
Also since you have your k-frame removed, they are prone to cracking at the welds and strut rod holes. Now would be the time to have your k-frame completely welded up and reinforced. The PST strut rod is nice. They use heim joints and are adjustable. We also get a discount from P-S-T.

wilbur

Reaction score
Well I have taken the whole front end apart and replaced every thing that can be replaced. now my Question is do the torsion bar boots get filled with grease or just slid on ? any comments?

Back