• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Sway bar upgrade

72barracuda

Reaction score
My 72 Barracuda does not have sway bars from the factory. I am about to have the rear axle off and want to replace leaf springs with stock springs and add a sway bar. I am looking at the kit from JEGS http://www.jegs.com/i/ADDCO/020/674/10002/-1?parentProductId=751596 and my question is does the car require any extra holes or brackets anywhere since it never had the sway bar? Can someone post a photo of the factory installation?

moparleo

Reaction score
rear sway bar mount

View attachment 10187You will need somewhere to put the body mounts. This normally requires 4 holes drilled to the subframe. A sway bar always needs to mount to the subframe whether it is front or rear. The subframe mount holds the sway bar rigid in the center so that as either side of the car tries to lean, the swaybar works by acting as a counter force to the side of the car that is trying to lean. The stiffer the sway bar, the less it will twist, also called body roll. The sway bars will cause the car to either understeer( which is safer) or oversteer. The goal is to try to get it as close to neutral as possible for normal driving.

Last edited:

Moparparts

Reaction score
I have the correct factory front sway bar with brackets and factory rear leaf springs from a 340 Cuda PM sent

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the factory bar is a far better way to mount the bar , the Addco is Mickey mouse & will tear out of the frame . the other option is the Hotchkiss Hollow bars

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Hey James
Are they frame mount like the factory or are they diff mount ? The diff mount ones never seem to have a solid mount on the frame for the links & tend to pull out .

PST

Reaction score
The hollow and solid bars that we supply for the rear are both diff mount our hollow adjustable bar has a similar set up to hotchkis.

Thanks
James

Back