• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

The Black Ghost

budascuda

Reaction score
I just came across this today, if you folks remember, we were talking about this 1970 hemi Challenger just recently. This 40minute clip could possibly be the begginins of a full length movie, hopefully one done in good taste.
One of the things I noticed is the grandson looks just like his grandpa, one might even say he is his grandpa, incarnate!.
Enjoy y'all.....

Screenshot_20201220-113351.png

Last edited:

oldkimmer

Reaction score
I watched it yesterday. Pretty cool. I thought they embellished it a little too much. Kim

budascuda

Reaction score
Just a screen shot...
I couldn't copy the web address,, the site gave me an error message.🤔
thought if I posted the screen shot, you guys will find a way

Last edited:

budascuda

Reaction score
Yeah, but they have to, just consider the car!
A movie version will make it all Hollywood and give it a polished appeal.
But all things considered, even back in the "day", that car was not cheap! I don't recall the cost, but even then, you would definitely have to go out of your way to get the Hemi and the rest of the options.

budascuda

Reaction score
1 of 1 car as a R/T SE Hemi 4 spd & all of the history , just an amazing car !
That's fantastic!
I am not sure if the old family is up to the task though, to me, someone with very deep pockets , deeper knowledge and understanding should take care of this car. It should really be treated like a national monument!

70chall440

Reaction score
That's fantastic!
I am not sure if the old family is up to the task though, to me, someone with very deep pockets , deeper knowledge and understanding should take care of this car. It should really be treated like a national monument!

Seriously? Its just a freaking car. Yes, its cool but how many other hotrods are out there that have just as cool stories if not better? National treasure... thats pretty far over the line. I hope that family drives the wheels off of it, thats what it was made for. There is no doubt that if it were to come up for sale it would go for a huge amount paid by some D bag collector so it could sit in his "collection" and get traded around like over priced art only to be seen in public as it gets pushed across an auction block.

allie2004

Reaction score
They should've saved the Shaker-Hood "lawsuit" story for the movie..... : )

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That's fantastic!
The family is doing just fine with it 50 years in, it’s right where it belongs.

Matt M

Reaction score
Your right, that car belongs with the family, right were the original owner wanted it.
Couldn't be in better place in my opinion

budascuda

Reaction score
Now don't get offended guys/(gals?)
Now i know every D Bag is entitled to his oppinnion, but I have seen GOLDEN EGGS sold for turnips (if you really would like an example, I can give you one)
Someties cars end up in the wrong hands, if you cant agree on that, then you are not being honest. Do you guys remember a post a few years back, Where a few "Asian Kids" posted a video on utube, of them cutting up a Cuda just to laugh at people who dont own a Ferrari? yes there are people like that out there.

If a movie deal brings the money required to take proper care of the car, this is the best option, otherwise, let it go to a collector. If it wasn't for collectors, half the really valuable cars would see the bin rather than a restoration..
And for those who say there are lots of other cars out there to be a national treasure, No there isn't any more, maybe rarely!, (buddy racing a Cutlet Supreme or a 442 and the likes, doesnt count) , as it was just said , one of one, with an urban legend to go with its resume, so call me a simpleton, but cant see what part of "one out of one" is ambiguous?
And hey, Matt, how you doing buddy, I thought you weren't reading the posts any more!😁
I am always happy to see your wise and subtle comments

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Now don't get offended guys/(gals?)
Now i know every D Bag is entitled to his oppinnion, but I have seen GOLDEN EGGS sold for turnips (if you really would like an example, I can give you one)
Someties cars end up in the wrong hands, if you cant agree on that, then you are not being honest. Do you guys remember a post a few years back, Where a few "Asian Kids" posted a video on utube, of them cutting up a Cuda just to laugh at people who dont own a Ferrari? yes there are people like that out there.

If a movie deal brings the money required to take proper care of the car, this is the best option, otherwise, let it go to a collector. If it wasn't for collectors, half the really valuable cars would see the bin rather than a restoration..
And for those who say there are lots of other cars out there to be a national treasure, No there isn't any more, maybe rarely!, (buddy racing a Cutlet Supreme or a 442 and the likes, doesnt count) , as it was just said , one of one, with an urban legend to go with its resume, so call me a simpleton, but cant see what part of "one out of one" is ambiguous?
And hey, Matt, how you doing buddy, I thought you weren't reading the posts any more!😁
I am always happy to see your wise and subtle comments
I’m good thanks, you? I do check in every day to keep an eye on you guys.;)

budascuda

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping an eye on us😍

Since we are here now, guys and gals, the most beautiful time of the year is upon us once again.
I know if I don't get done in before 2020 is out, I will get to be a 100! Lol

friends, Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. My best wishes and the best of the holidays to us all....Ho HoHo.....

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Cool car. Cool story. I can't wait until the day the Grandson takes ownership.

Maxy426

Reaction score
Man, Covid is making some folks grumpy! The Ghost is a great read/watch! I am sure there are some unspoken parts of it that wouldn't read as well but we all have a few skeletons ( … shall cast the first stone - kinda stuff..)
I for one appreciated the story....

IMG_1306.JPG

ChallngeAccpted

Reaction score
Just stumbled across that video the other day. Told one of my mopar buddies about it and he already knew about her! Beautiful car, I love how it is still unrestored but still in great condition. Seems like the son and grandson appreciate it the way it is and will take care of it the way it deserves. Really hope when I have kids they will appreciate and love my car the way I do.

swisshemi

Reaction score
This challenger is a historically very interesting car.
The reasons: it has everything that makes an e-body special - survivor, 426 HEMI, 4-speed, R/T-SE, Gator top, some other nice options.
And it's entire history.

Back