• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

tor red '73 challenger

72chally440

Reaction score
Inspirational. Makes me want to leave work and get to work on mine. Great Job. Thanks for the informative posts! That is some beautiful work on a deserving car.

ramenth

Reaction score
Lookin' good, Len.

Gotta give a man props who remembers to do the great body drop just like the factory did.

a68postcar

Reaction score
Hope fully for safety sake , you have replaced all the brake and fuel lines as they deteriorate from the inside out just like coolant hoses. Have you replaced the master cylinder, rear wheel cylinders and front calipers yet? Following along on your restoration I have only seen the pretty body work repair and nothing about the restoration of any of the mechanicals. Do you have any pictures of anything like that ? The external looks great. Just wondered about the rest of the car.
Great job so far.

I'm happy to say that the important things like lines, hoses, bushings, bearings, are all new. So feel safe on the highway when the car goes by.

a68postcar

Reaction score
Inspirational. Makes me want to leave work and get to work on mine. Great Job. Thanks for the informative posts! That is some beautiful work on a deserving car.

Thanks alot72chally440. stay at work. you are gonna need the cash. Trust me, I know of which I write.

a68postcar

Reaction score
Lookin' good, Len.

Gotta give a man props who remembers to do the great body drop just like the factory did.

You know me Robert. I gotta work smarter, not harder. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

a68postcar

Reaction score
tryin to at least make it look like i'm trying...................................... anyways...........brake and fuel lines, leafspring bushings, painted rear housing/lines/bushings, undercoated body...........

100_4835.jpg

100_4844.jpg

100_4847.jpg

100_4858.jpg

100_4861.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
You know me Robert. I gotta work smarter, not harder. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

Actually, it always amazes me when guys build a car and don't know how the factory did it. There's a reason the factory did it this way: ease of assembly.

a68postcar

Reaction score
Actually, it always amazes me when guys build a car and don't know how the factory did it. There's a reason the factory did it this way: ease of assembly.

Correct Robert. Having spent the amount of time I have with these cars, I have found this to be the case, BUT....for the average builder it is not feasable to do the drive train and front suspension at the same time. Typically, financial constraints are the worst. But the area that this job uses up, is not availabe to most guys. One car shops and carports are the usual constraint. Thankfully, the wherewithall to ge the job done at any cost, lets us see the one man, one car thing be possible. And for my money, they are the heart and soul of our hobby. God bless 'em. Cause it ain't easy.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
1) The vise grip crank completes the resto...lol
2) Will you be re-installing the rear sway bar?

a68postcar

Reaction score
you guys are great. thanks for watching. i really appreciate the kind words. pretty much in the short rows now that the door and Q/glass are in.

Back