• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

tor red '73 challenger

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Somewhere along the way of your build can you include some pics of the hood latch mechanism?
Not of the actual latch but the release lever. long ago I converted mine to the inside cable release. I will be converting it back to the original under hood lever because the cabling is in the way of my intercoolers. (Haven't posted their pics in my build but their coming...)
I've looked at aftermarket ones. They all say they fit the 70-74 models but the 72-74 are different from what is pictured.
Probably going to make my own but want it to look similar to the original piece.
Nothing immediate only when you get there.

thanks.

a68postcar

Reaction score
here you go mike.

100_5180.jpg

100_5181.jpg

100_5182.jpg

100_5183.jpg

a68postcar

Reaction score
no sweat man. at this point it's all real close by, so. i don't mind helpin' out when i can. it's really the only reason i post up. when i was comin' along it was all fly by the seat of the pants improvisation. make what you could, and junkyard for the rest. and that was a 50/50 proposition at best. usually if it was in the yards it was worse than what you had. so, if i can help i do.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
I know you already are painted but... My car is still original paint. I could post some pics of how the back panel cut lines look and/or the filler pieces.

Your car looks incredible. This is an offer not criticism.
mike.

a68postcar

Reaction score
thanks alot mike! i looked all over to see if there was anything on the subject here. i want to see yours. then i will show you what i came up with. i always like it when someone is willing to help. thaks again. lenny.

a68postcar

Reaction score
second stretch on the headliner, one more pull and it ought to be good..... then the sun came out for a sec........

100_5317.jpg

100_5313.jpg

100_5314.jpg

100_5312.jpg

100_5319.jpg

100_5326.jpg

100_5327.jpg

100_5329.jpg

a68postcar

Reaction score
THANKS ROBERT !!!!!!!! as you can see, the sun was only out for a sec. i kinda missed it. but it looks ok to me. the sun is on it now, and i hope to get some with the hood open today too. I wasn't sure if anyone was still payin the car any mind. at all. cept i keep noticing the view count go up.

Bill

Reaction score
I look at every update. Car looks great!
THANKS ROBERT !!!!!!!! as you can see, the sun was only out for a sec. i kinda missed it. but it looks ok to me. the sun is on it now, and i hope to get some with the hood open today too. I wasn't sure if anyone was still payin the car any mind. at all. cept i keep noticing the view count go up.

a68postcar

Reaction score
i really appreciate it Bill. can you imagine the server space it would eat up if every viewer responded. holy makarel andy. i'm glad your watching!

Back