• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Using the factory hemi oil pan

Quiny

Reaction score
I see there is a modification now for the factory K member to fit the factory Hemi oil pans. Has anyone had any experience with that? Could it be done to the QA1 k member? Seems like a cheaper way to install vs new pan and pickup.

moparlee

Reaction score
I see there is a modification now for the factory K member to fit the factory Hemi oil pans. Has anyone had any experience with that? Could it be done to the QA1 k member? Seems like a cheaper way to install vs new pan and pickup.
My factory hemi oil pan fits my factory k member with no modification.

scar426

Reaction score
Cars are front sumped, trucks are rear sumped. Holley makes a nice mid sump pan as another option. Pans really aren't all that expensive to get the one that'll suit your needs.

Quiny

Reaction score
Cars are front sumped, trucks are rear sumped. Holley makes a nice mid sump pan as another option. Pans really aren't all that expensive to get the one that'll suit your needs.
Have you heard of anyone using the stock rear sump pan and pickup on the car engines? Mopar sells a kit with pan, windage tray and dipstick for a fraction of the cost of the mid sumps. 77072450AB. Is there any drawbacks? Keep in mind I am really cheap.

scar426

Reaction score
Have you heard of anyone using the stock rear sump pan and pickup on the car engines? Mopar sells a kit with pan, windage tray and dipstick for a fraction of the cost of the mid sumps. 77072450AB. Is there any drawbacks? Keep in mind I am really cheap.
Motor platform doesn't matter, all interchangeable. And yes the MOPAR rear sump kit is cheaper than the Holley or Mildon pan kits. But to my knowledge only Holley makes the Midsump pan (works well with stock suspensions and K frames). Only drawback is whether or not it fits your needs. Caveat the midsump kit I am using is NOT going into an e-body or stock K frame setup.

Back