• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Yet another convert

MMoney

Reaction score
picked this up early in January.....just starting to work on small stuff as I find time. Not originally a Mopar guy...I have a 69 442 and a 57 VW beetle currently, and have owned mainly GM muscle long ago in my youth...ha. 2nd pic is the day I picked it up in WV....has some rust issues....runs well....all VIN numbers match...have the broadcast sheet and original title. First order of business.....spent 10 or 12 hours on the wheels as you can see in the first pic.

DSCN0183.JPG
IMG_6527.jpg
DSCN0193.JPG

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
:welcome: The color of your hat make you buy the car. Now you can use the car as a hunting vest to go hunting Blue ovals and blue Bow ties.:elmer:Wear it loud and proud!

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! You picked a good one. And nice job on the wheels!

MMoney

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind replies. Yes, no radio was ordered with the car....save all of 5 lbs....ha. It was originally white with blue interior :oops:, and was modestly restored and color was changed 20+ years ago. It's a 10 foot looker right now, and I don't have funds to restore it....barely could afford it as it is, so I want to spiff it up just an bit and enjoy it. Hood has weird paint issue that I'm beginning to tackle.....strange pattern of blistering...deep, too. I have come to the conclusion that I just have to strip the organisol off and reapply it. Tough stuff....it's pretty thick but the it's really rough as the blisters go through the primer.

DSCN0202.JPG

MMoney

Reaction score
refurbed the trunk....it had a half inch of water in it when I got it back to NC from WV....had to wire wheel the rust out....pitted but not rusted through. Hit it with rust converter and rattle canned it with hemi orange. Note the melted tail light in first pic....I replaced both lenses and the incandescent bulbs with LED's.
DSCN0188.JPG
DSCN0194.JPG

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Trunk looks a lot better being body color.The trunk was the hardest for me to do.Crawling in and out,turning around and flipping and flopping.My son a 😈Senior was tool gofer. I was in the trunk he is outside. Now what would he do! SLAM! pleaded very little. 🥱Little did he know the lock set was out and I had a screw driver. POP! Went the trunk lid and so did his eyes.😲 😮😮I tore out of there like I was going tear into him!🤗you might have over done per factory spec as I did too. Factory spec " spay it like you don't care and don't waste the paint!"VLP very little paint! As far as a leak one might think it would be a trunk seal,might be. crawl in close trunk lid.have someone run water over back window and watch for leaks.

DSCN5003.JPG

Last edited:

MMoney

Reaction score
before.....
DSCN0201.JPG

After........rattle can organisol was easy to spray......very forgiving and looks fantastic....striping faded with curing and further reduced by the texture. This was 2 cans....3 coats.
painted.jpg

fk5aar

Reaction score
Thanks, says out of stock I’ll call them tomorrow

Back