• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ma's `cuda. A long time coming.

mmissile

Reaction score
POST-washing of parts. YUK!! Also interesting how options on car, added plates to switch-panel. Just stick one on the other... My car has a foot-pump for the washers.

200phth.jpg

3026kwh.jpg

2ynp7pg.jpg

2enrkuw.jpg

phsasc

Reaction score
Hi, I ran across you build today and that Cuda is looking great! Great looking work on the whole build. Nice Fab work all over.
I am currently doing a 70 Challenger and I bought a wrecked 2011 Challenger for the motor and transmission 6.4 nag1 setup. I am curious as to who done your engine harness build and computer programming? Thanks

mmissile

Reaction score
Chris Squire at Hotwire. They're in Iowa. The whole deal is a lot easier and cheaper, with anything except the NAG. In hindsight...I'd have been done 2 years ago, if it weren't for the issues created by the Benz trans.

phsasc

Reaction score
Chris Squire at Hotwire. They're in Iowa. The whole deal is a lot easier and cheaper, with anything except the NAG. In hindsight...I'd have been done 2 years ago, if it weren't for the issues created by the Benz trans.

phsasc

Reaction score
Yeah I spoke with Chris a few months back to get a quote including using the Nag1. I know Modern muscle has a setup harness/kit also to make the trans shift but they're prices are condsiderly higher.
Other than having to have all the computers from a donor car what other issues did you have using that trans? My understanding it should be plug and play???

mmissile

Reaction score
Yeah I spoke with Chris a few months back to get a quote including using the Nag1. I know Modern muscle has a setup harness/kit also to make the trans shift but they're prices are condsiderly higher.
Other than having to have all the computers from a donor car what other issues did you have using that trans? My understanding it should be plug and play???

Basicly, everything. Trans tunnel, trans mount, driveshaft, headers, etc, etc...... Took a year and a half, to get it all fitting and working. I'm anal, so my stuff has to be look like jewelry and work well. That's why most people opt-out of the NAG. I'd have already been driving my car for at least a year, if I'd gone the easier route. A stand-alone controller with a manual trans would be the way to go.....but my wife won't drive a stick.

phsasc

Reaction score
Basicly, everything. Trans tunnel, trans mount, driveshaft, headers, etc, etc...... Took a year and a half, to get it all fitting and working. I'm anal, so my stuff has to be look like jewelry and work well. That's why most people opt-out of the NAG. I'd have already been driving my car for at least a year, if I'd gone the easier route. A stand-alone controller with a manual trans would be the way to go.....but my wife won't drive a stick.

I've got a tko 600 in my Cuda so I wanted to go with an auto overdrive on this one, plus my wife will be driving this one.
I am like you tho, I want things to look like it belongs and not just throw together. My biggest concern is the electronics with the Nag1 trans but I plan on using the irs rear end/suspension out of the 2011 Challenger as well. We'll see how that goes!

mmissile

Reaction score
The electronics were pretty straight-forward. The body will be separate from the Challenger setup. Plug-n-play is a laugh. I had to modify the couple conversion pieces I bought.

mmissile

Reaction score
Got the tempered-glass installed. Installed a temp sensor into the thermostat-neck for the cooling-fans [silver soldered]. Now, I'm working on the console going over the modern shifter. Turning out to be another "project". This summer isn't looking good for completion. We're doing some home remodeling, and it's more important, right now.

16jegky.jpg

2gwz482.jpg

miicy.jpg

24awtpi.jpg

mmissile

Reaction score
Got the car back from the new electrical guy. He did a bang-up job...... Now, EVERYTHING works. I really miss my friend and former electrical guy. His passing, stopped progress on the car for about a year. It's hard to find people who do great work, and are trustworthy. When having work done, you can pick two.......good, fast, cheap. I didn't pick cheap.

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Been back on the ragtop.... Had to pressure-fill the cooling system to get the air-pockets out. Switched upper control-arms. Got the front splash-shields in. Installed the stereo. Painted the wrinkle-black dash parts. Finishing the fab of the air-intake tube, installing the stereo amp, and getting ready to install the convert top. The only mechanical stuff to do is the AC lines. I might have it ready for Detroit Autorama....but still tons of stuff to finish. I have a great new friend and extremely smart assistant/helper. I probably wouldn't be gettin' anywhere, if it weren't for his drive and generous nature.

phsasc

Reaction score
She's gonna be nice when you are finished. I still have a long ways to go on mine. Still in the mock up stage.
Screenshot_20190903-194938.png

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Looking awesome. Such an awesome build. I even like the green.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Looking great. Let me know.. I can always swing by to help. Who is you electrical guy? Is he good with race car wiring also?

Last edited:
Back