• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ma's `cuda. A long time coming.

wegner426

Reaction score
Cant wait to see how the console fits over the shifter. Hopefully it is somewhat painless.

mmissile

Reaction score
Everything has been re-engineered/modified. The shifter is already recessed into the trans tunnel, with welded mounting points.

2m3fu4m.jpg

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Probably more like next summer. I'd like to have it done in March for Autorama..........but I think that's probably unrealistic. Nothing really much to post, other than the wiring is progressing. Nothing exciting enough for pics.

Seem to have lost interest again. Something big and visible needs to happen on this thing.

Last edited:

lotsapins

Reaction score
What have you decided for the start button? The ign switch in the column won't work. If you turn to on, and then crank there is a short delay that will wack out the computer. It needs 12V to stay on uninterrupted. I was looking to use a separate pushbutton to crank the motor. Any better ideas you have would be something to consider. I did the NAG1 also so I know about the sensors and extra modules. What a pain. Also what rear end gears ratio are you using? It needs highway gears for the nag1 unless you want to be in 3rd gear before you get out of the driveway :)

mmissile

Reaction score
Well....I've been doing lots of other things[bought ANOTHER project and got the hemi done for my WO car], but we have it so that it runs. Once I install the front brake lines, I'll put it on the ground, bolt in a seat...and take the running-roller for a little ride[about 1/2 mile]. Right now, it goes forward and reverse on the stands....but no brakes. Winter is coming....so it's work on the cars season. I'm doing this whole similar thing to my old hemi-wagon over the winter, also. YEA...NOT!

Last edited:

Soundcontrol

Reaction score
That happened to me also! In the middle of having my Challenger in a million pieces, low on cash, no time.... I buy a very incomplete -73 Challenger that needs everything(!!) I just took it apart, blasted the body, 2K epoxy primer and stuffed it away in a friends garage. It will sit there for years. Gotta get back to my Hemi swap now, been idling for a long time. I read your thread over and over, such great inspiration!

mmissile

Reaction score
Working on 3 cars. This is from today. The engine has a total of about 10 minutes on it since summer. Milestone for this deal. Basicly, all the mechanical and electrical stuff is done....start assembly and paint repair over the next months.

mmissile

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Other than having a hard time getting all the air outta the brakes...we've got it done mechanically. I've jumped over to my 67 WO-car for the time being. That poor car has been neglected for years, She's gonna be a jewel, again. I'll have that wrapped-up by April, and be able to concentrate on finishing the `cuda.

Joemoy29

Reaction score
After reading this entire post I have to say two things. 1) amazing work 2) I just realized that I need new friends.

mmissile

Reaction score
These cars are never done. They reach plateaus....and keep evolving. The `cuda is going to be re-painted in 2 weeks. Then, It's assembly time.

mmissile

Reaction score
Well, the `cuda didn't hit the paint-shop till 2 weeks ago. I just left there a couple hours ago.....color, next week. 12 years of sitting and moving the car around, took it's toll. My head wasn't into the car....then I decided to update the mechanicals. It really got my creative juices flowing again.

2u9mnnm.jpg

rcomx0.jpg

dcsw9g.jpg

2rfr30n.jpg

307wzz8.jpg

Back