• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

2 Speed wiper switch and wiper park issue

cv70chall

Reaction score
I recently replaced my bad wiper motor park assembly with a working one and the wipers still do not park when they are turned off. Is there any way I could have the plug on the wrong set of terminals at the switch? I do remember there being a lot of terminals and possibly more than one "fit" to the harness plug.
Does anyone have a photo of EXACTLY which terminals the plug fits on?

Thanks

74 challenger

Reaction score
Sorry i have a 3 speed switch. Im thinking the plug only can go on 1 way. Is your switch good? Slotts from [email protected] has rebuilt all 3 of my switchs. Great guy and a member here.

/

cv70chall

Reaction score
Not yet. I've just replaced the park unit itself (bottom half) with a NOS unit and still nothing. I've verified I have a 2-speed switch and both speeds work, so my only thing left to check is the contacts in the motor housing up top, which I'll try this weekend.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Chuck. When you bring the Challenger over to my house we can figure out these little things. It sounds to me like the park side of the motor is out.

fromthehive

Reaction score
2 speed wiper motor

I recently replaced my bad wiper motor park assembly with a working one and the wipers still do not park when they are turned off. Is there any way I could have the plug on the wrong set of terminals at the switch? I do remember there being a lot of terminals and possibly more than one "fit" to the harness plug.
Does anyone have a photo of EXACTLY which terminals the plug fits on?

Thanks
Hi, you may have the wrong motor, there are two types of 2 speed motors that operate differently but look alike externally; one is for cars with concealed wiper arms and one for cars with out concealed wiper arms. This also means there are 2 different 2 speed wiper switches.

Back