• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'73 Challenger Rallye Restoration

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Nice job repairing that Bill, I have Challenger parts scattered thoughout my house too. Well most of it, there not allowed in the master bedroom or kitchen. LOL

Bill

Reaction score
Damn Zamboni made about 48 passes up and down my driveway again this morning. When I catch that guy I'm gonna shove that Zamboni right where the sun don't shine! I wish it would just snow like it's supposta.

Bill

Reaction score
Not much progress in the past few months. Pretty much been dealing with winter up here in Vermont. One of the ways I deal with winter is to go xc skiing. I use to go snowmobiling zipping along at 100mpg through the woods but I traded "straigt up" my Ski-doo 800HO for a 74 Challanger that someone had for sale local. I did have my local alternator / starter shop rebuild my alternator and starter. I'm working with a friend that use to do auto body for a living to get the doors, lids and fenders hung properly. Wish I had more to show. Hopefully soon. 009.jpg

009.jpg

Bill

Reaction score
I am pulling the trigger on purchasing an ISIS Power wiring system for my Challenger project. I have been in contact with Dan Martinez from ISIS. After speaking with him and we thought it would be a good idea for me to pass along an offer that they are currently having that only comes along once every couple of years. I can attest to that because I have been shopping for a system for over a year new looking for a sale of some sort. They are currently offering 15% off of list price for any system that is purchased through April 20th. Best thing is to call Dan but anyone at ISIS can help.
www.isispower.com

Bill

Reaction score
About 21 months ago I went to purchase my Challenger project. The guy that was selling it to me told me "all you gotta do is block sand the car and its all ready for paint". I figured I had better fix the 3" holes in the frame rails first along with some other things. Well here it is 21 months later and I'm finally at a point to where I'm starting to block sand. I had a friend of mine who use to do bodywork help me get the fenders, doors and lids lined up. It was quite a project but we amazingly got it done. The finish line is still a long way away but I am hoping it will be here sometime late summer?
001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Bill

Reaction score
Hi gang.
I thought I would throw this out there to see if I could maybe save a few $$$ on my 73 Rallye Challenger project (you don't knows if you don't axt). I am going to purchase a new TTI exhaust system for my car but if there is a good used system available out there that would be great. Was wondering if anyone had a good used TTI exhaust system or part of a system for sale so I could maybe save a few bucs. Ultimately I was looking to go with 2-1/2" with stubby headers but full length would be okay, x pipe and I was going to modify existing tips to fit the 2-1/2 pipes (or should I leave the original tips alone for authentic reasons and just keep them??). Motor is a 4 speed 340 with power steering.
(Now back to blocking, blocking, blocking, blocking, blocking, blocking............)
Bill (Vermont)

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Good tool company reference

Leo
Thanks for the tip on the k frame stand and the products that us car tool sells. Very cool stuff. I keep learning about new things reading these posts. I worked as a mechanic years back and always installed even my own engines with the lift and dropping in with the hood off. I finally retired and am looking to get my challenger A66 vert back on the road after sitting since 1980. I wanted to initially start by just getting it running. Looks like the world continues to evolve. This company has some interesting products. Great tip!

Dino2 (1).gif

Dino2 (1).gif

68bigblock

Reaction score
Cars coming along great, this is a good thread with lots of info, little deceiving tittle

340challconvert

Reaction score
Thank you Leo. Just a quick story on this; back in the day I was using my A66 Challenger vert as daily transportation. After the late 1970's gas shortage hit, everyone considered these cars "dinosaurs" because of the poor gas mileage. Anyway, my friends said I was driving a dinosaur and that these cars were extinct and why did I continue to drive it! They gave the car the nickname "Dino". I went out and got a license plate that said "XTINCT", which is still on the car. I thought this was a great "signature" representing my extinct car.

Bill

Reaction score
Great story!!!
Thank you Leo. Just a quick story on this; back in the day I was using my A66 Challenger vert as daily transportation. After the late 1970's gas shortage hit, everyone considered these cars "dinosaurs" because of the poor gas mileage. Anyway, my friends said I was driving a dinosaur and that these cars were extinct and why did I continue to drive it! They gave the car the nickname "Dino". I went out and got a license plate that said "XTINCT", which is still on the car. I thought this was a great "signature" representing my extinct car.

Bill

Reaction score
.Cars coming along great, this is a good thread with lots of info, little deceiving tittle
I spent a lot of time trying multiple times to figure out how to change the title with no results. It all started out with an undercoat question. Thanks for the compliment. Keep in mind I am very novice at restoring a car. I sell plumbing and heating equipment for a living.

Back