• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ballist resistor wiring.

Muddytruckin

Reaction score
Okay so I'm almost done putting the 18wire summit kit in my 73 challenger 440. The kits instructions don't exactly match what I'm seeing online as far as the ballist resistor. This is what i have so far, I'm not 100% if it's correct and I'm also looking for what wire goes to the open slot on the resistor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

image.jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
you will have 12v switch feed to both sides of the ballast at one end , the other end goes to the ECU & Coil as you have in your diagram , also the brown 12 start feed goes to the positive coil terminal this bypasses the resister & feeds full 12v to the coil while starting .
The other thing you need to know is if your ECU has only 4 pins under the 5 pin plug as virtually every ECU now has all you need is a single 2 plug ballast to supply the coil so all you need is 12v run to one side of the ballast , 12v start to the other side with the feed to the coil + terminal

Adam

Reaction score
The link worked for me, but it does not show the color of the wire for the tach feed, which is a white wire (if I remember correctly) going from negative side of coil to the bulkhead connector.

Back