• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Build sheet 72-73

Khuotakharma

Reaction score
Hello e-buddies.... .....I am looking for a reproduction build sheet for years 72-73. I have a 73 challenger and have painstakingly repaired my original build sheet that came with the car. Its mostly there, but I would love to have a complete build sheet to fill in the blanks and as backup for the original which continues to degrade and is nearly illedgable in places. I see that other years are available for download, but the layout is different.

Any help is appreciated

20210101_134133.jpg

70chall440

Reaction score
Good luck on that... I don't know of anyone reproducing broadcast sheets for any year or admitting to it, doesn't mean someone isn't but its not something that is well known I don't think; but hey I learn something new everyday so maybe.

Khuotakharma

Reaction score
Good luck on that... I don't know of anyone reproducing broadcast sheets for any year or admitting to it, doesn't mean someone isn't but its not something that is well known I don't think; but hey I learn something new everyday so maybe.
See how this one works for you.
Thanks moparleo...I have that one. Lay out is different. Id like to know who created it. Maybe they could help me with one for my car.

Cheers

70chall440

Reaction score
That one has been around for awhile. I think I have it in Word as well someplace. I remember some discussion where someone was saying it isn't correct but I don't know for sure. I do know that they changed slightly from year to year (if nothing else the top of them where is says the year0. I am sure someone could make one in some program if they had an example to go off of.

moparleo

Reaction score
Are you looking to preserve the info on the broadcast sheet or are you trying to make an exact copy of it ? The info is the same on both. The codes are still the same, just some items were rearranged but are still in the same sections. I have a Had a 72 Challenger and still have the build/broadcast sheet and just transferred the info to the new sheet because it is complete and easier to read than the old one.

Khuotakharma

Reaction score
Are you looking to preserve the info on the broadcast sheet or are you trying to make an exact copy of it ? The info is the same on both. The codes are still the same, just some items were rearranged but are still in the same sections. I have a Had a 72 Challenger and still have the build/broadcast sheet and just transferred the info to the new sheet because it is complete and easier to read than the old one.
Yes....trying to make as accurate copy as I can. Yes some of the info blocks are in different places and a few selections are different. Given that the original is so hard to read it would just be nice to have a copy behind it and everything in the same place so that you can flip back and forth and see what the information on the original is. For instance in some places you can't read the original text but I can decode it using other means and fill in the new sheet.
I downloaded the PDF for the earlier Year from moparts.com and fooled around with a PDF edit program. Trying to move things around. I'm not that computer savvy though and ended up with nothing but frustration. Honestly with the other build sheets available on PDF out there I'm surprised someone hasn't done this yet with the later years.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Just edit a different 1973 broadcast sheet using Microsoft Paint which is built into Windows. After a lot of cut-and-paste to match your own car's codes, you can print it. It will never be accepted as documentation for your car but it will represent the codes on your real car.
Here are two sheets from the Internet that may work with some serious editing effort. An easier method and quite a bit more acceptable would be to enter your codes into this decoder and print the result.

You could then edit the F SERIES 1970 to say SERIES 1972 AND 1973 with software.

11078228-1973-dodge-charger-std.jpgBroadcastSheet.jpg

Khuotakharma

Reaction score
Just edit a different 1973 broadcast sheet using Microsoft Paint which is built into Windows. After a lot of cut-and-paste to match your own car's codes, you can print it. It will never be accepted as documentation for your car but it will represent the codes on your real car.
Here are two sheets from the Internet that may work with some serious editing effort. An easier method and quite a bit more acceptable would be to enter your codes into this decoder and print the result.

You could then edit the F SERIES 1970 to say SERIES 1972 AND 1973 with software.

View attachment 78687View attachment 78688
Thank you.....I have the bottom one. But the too one is much clearer. I did dabble with the 71 build sheet on a pdf edit program. Didn't make slot of progress. it's great that someone took the time to create that decoder.
I'd like to have everything in the right place for ease of reference.

I'm not worried about acceptance. I'm doing this for me. If I get it worked out the copy will sit behind the original in my binder so...

Thank you again

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
You might want to make a few copies and place them behind each seat in the car so they will always be with the car as well as in your folder in your home/office.

moparleo

Reaction score
Question. You say for ease of reference. If you never had a 72 dated build sheet. Would you even know there was a difference ? Ease of reference ? In what way ? I just don't get it I guess. The info is the same and unless I have 2 sheets side by side and am trying to decode both sheets at the same time without having to move one slightly occasionally what is the difference really ?
I guess somebody might have a pristine, blank 72 broadcast sheet out there, but that might take a while to show up.
I have no problem on my 72 using a blank 70 sheet to be able to read my build options.
As far as why there aren't any 72 and up sheets out there ? Until relatively recently there was not enough of a market on pre 72 Mopar's to justify doing it. It is just that now, most 70-71 Mopars that are "valuable" Big block, multi-carb, Hemi etc... are already in collections or are so expensive that some one wanting to have a 'Cuda or Challenger has to settle for the less desirable 72-74 year models to afford one. Remember that these cars are now at least 45 + years old and a lot of that info is ancient history and no one was saving it until recently.

Last edited:

Khuotakharma

Reaction score
Question. You say for ease of reference. If you never had a 72 dated build sheet. Would you even know there was a difference ? Ease of reference ? In what way ? I just don't get it I guess. The info is the same and unless I have 2 sheets side by side and am trying to decode both sheets at the same time without having to move one slightly occasionally what is the difference really ?
I guess somebody might have a pristine, blank 72 broadcast sheet out there, but that might take a while to show up.
I have no problem on my 72 using a blank 70 sheet to be able to read my build options.
As far as why there aren't any 72 and up sheets out there ? Until relatively recently there was not enough of a market on pre 72 Mopar's to justify doing it. It is just that now, most 70-71 Mopars that are "valuable" Big block, multi-carb, Hemi etc... are already in collections or are so expensive that some one wanting to have a 'Cuda or Challenger has to settle for the less desirable 72-74 year models to afford one. Remember that these cars are now at least 45 + years old and a lot of that info is ancient history and no one was saving it until recently.
Yes, I would know the difference. My build sheet isn't the only source of reference for a 72-73 build sheet.
As you noted, between the two the info is not all the same, and things are in different places. That's was ok for you, not for me.

Moparcarguy had some good ideas.

Who ever created those build sheet downloads used a word processing program from scratch.
And they did an amazing job.
I think modifying that is the best approach.

Either way I'll need help from someone better with comps than me.

Khuotakharma

Reaction score
Be happy. You could always post a reward for someone to sell you a mint old sheet. Not everybody saves them.
Be happy. You could always post a reward for someone to sell you a mint old sheet. Not everybody saves them.
I could do that. It would still have to be converted to a pdf so I could delete or add info. Also, that would leave room for you to chime in and explain to me why I dont need one, applying your standards for yourself to everyone else.
If was satisfied with what I have, I wouldn't have started this thread. Do you "get" that?

I'll be happy on my own terms, if you dont mind.

moparleo

Reaction score
It was just a suggestion, some people are money motivated and as I said not everyone saves them and this would be a possible source for a clean( not blank) sheet for you. Good luck with your search.

Back