• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Eastwood Mig 135

340challconvert

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Eastwood Mig 135
Simple welder, works off 120v
It is only 135 amps.
Would it be enough for small amount of panel patching?
They have it on sale for $252.00 dollars w free shipping

Just your thoughts appreciated.

Only welding I have done years ago was oxy acet. I would do some practice on scrap before I even try this.
Dino2 (1).gif

jimbyr

Reaction score
I haven't used an Eastwood but it will do the job according to the specs they list on their website. I bought a Hobart Handler 140 on sale at Northern tool for 399.00 a year or so ago. Nice machine and they're local so I don't have to wait on supplies and it handles 1/4" steel so I can use it on other projects. You'll need a gas tank and obviously a helmet to go with it and don't forget the gloves. Those sparks are hot

Jim

jimbyr

Reaction score
When you get around to welding in your trunk floor I have an extra set of braces if you're interested. Somehow I wound up with 2 sets. PM me if your interested

Jim

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Get a decent machine with infinite settings, You won't be sorry. With the varying thicknesses of sheet metal, not to mention if it pitted, having a machine with rheostatic controls let's you easily dial it back to prevent burn through. Check your local Craigslist for a better slightly or professionally used machine for less money than buying new. I bought a Miller 140 brand new in boxes for 2/3ds retail from a guy that won it in a raffle.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Eastwood Mig 135
Simple welder, works off 120v
It is only 135 amps.
Would it be enough for small amount of panel patching?
They have it on sale for $252.00 dollars w free shipping

Just your thoughts appreciated.

Only welding I have done years ago was oxy acet. I would do some practice on scrap before I even try this.
View attachment 27493
Another thing is the gun cable length if it is short it will mean moving the welding machine around quite regularly as you try to get into the tight corners.
Do not use the cheaper Chinese type units their quality & reliability is rubbish
If you buy a used one ask to try welding make sure the motor & wire feed smoothly through the gun the motor & liner as this is the first part to fail on the smaller units.
A used Lincoln or Miller have most spare parts available

Last edited:
Back