• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ebody production numbers

quapman

Reaction score
I was driving age in 82. Everyone in Rochester was still ga-ga over purple Mopars, but everyone complained that "that damn purple paint falls off", which is why there were very few purple ones still around. Most got repainted different colors.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Not to keep getting off Johns original thread, (sorry John) but in 82 in upstate NY paint wasn't the issue of falling off. There was no body left on these cars to fall off. My first Cuda in 75 the frame was shot after 5 years of salt

340challconvert

Reaction score
Does this chart exist for ‘71?

This is the chart I have for 1971

upload_2018-2-4_10-31-29.png

Looks like Plum Crazy was still about 10% of production!

Dino2 (1).gif

340challconvert

Reaction score
With a 27,377 total Challenger production for 1971, you can easily calculate the possible number of cars produced in that color.
(take percentage as a decimal and multiply times the total production number)
Dino2 (1).gif

Adam

Reaction score
So if my car was one of 500 and 10% were FC7 then it is likely around 1 of 50?

340challconvert

Reaction score
So if my car was one of 500 and 10% were FC7 then it is likely around 1 of 50?

Keep in mind that the color percentages represent a percent of the total Challenger production for that color. It would skew the number because you would be reducing the total production number to a sub-category production number and trying to apply the percent to a smaller number of cars.
Hypothetically, yes but as an example; was the 10% color number spread out evenly among each of the sub groups of Challenger production? (RT hardtop, RT convertible, Challenger 318 SE car and others) Probably not.

Bottom line-
Hard to determine a specific total color amount broken down that way! It could be close or way off?

Last edited:

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Only data I found lists production totals based on engine and transmission combinations by model year. Nothing related to color or options...

John Hynds

Reaction score
Ok here is the only pic I can find of my 'Cuda. As you can see it looks bad. The right front rail is bent up and in. That is being replaced along with the inner wheel well and the lower core support. It will be getting a full restoration starting this spring
IMG_NEW.jpg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Is the car still complete with those options and running gear? Another one gets saved , good deal!!!

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Ok here is the only pic I can find of my 'Cuda. As you can see it looks bad. The right front rail is bent up and in. That is being replaced along with the inner wheel well and the lower core support. It will be getting a full restoration starting this spring
View attachment 47304

So great to see another one saved. You will have your work cut out for you but an excellent choice John. Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress...

Adam

Reaction score
Good info Grady. I wish they would list the 340 / 4spd, R/T numbers.

kjsmopar

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack. Looking For Production Numbers And Price For 70 R/T 383 Challenger With 3 Speed. Thanks KJ

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack. Looking For Production Numbers And Price For 70 R/T 383 Challenger With 3 Speed. Thanks KJ
Not hijacking, welcome to the site from the Motor City! I show 355 of them built. Do you own 1 of them?

kjsmopar

Reaction score
No, they have one on the Bay site. 14 hrs left. Bid is at 15k.. all original with plenty of paperwork. Some cancer, original paint. I'm trying to get a 70 Cuda that is growing in someone's front yard.340 B5 blue on blue with white billboards, factory air plus.

Back