• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Favorite bands outside the radio playlists...........

DetMatt1

Reaction score
1- Foo Fighters
2- Government Mule
I've mellowed as I get older though and can just as easily select Leonard Cohen or Mark Knopfler on Pandora in my shop and be content all day.

mmissile

Reaction score
I've just changed my music[only from being commercial]. I can't listen to the radio, and even the pay radio stations seen to have their "rotation" of music. It makes me laugh to talk to kids who think all this "pop-tart" music is rock. I've never listened to country, as it was forced on me at a shop I worked at, and rap just doesn't seem to be music to me. I do listen to classical music when I'm working on tedious stuff, though.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I can't do much music on the radio either with the exception of public radio on the weekends. I used to despise country except the pre '80s classics but now I don't mind some of it. I love big band jazz as I grew up listening while my dad played it in the house. Can't do classical though...

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have to agree , I cannot listen to radio , there is 50 years of good music out there but all of the radio stations can only find maybe what 300 tunes to play , I am so sick of Meatloafer , Peter Frampton , Beatles crap, Bryan Adams summer of 69 ,Neil Young, DYlan , Don Mclean , etc I just change the channel immediatly . I have heard the same tune played inside 20 mins on the radio & when I hear the same friggin tune every 45 mins I will hate the tune inside a week & never want to hear it again .
I try to listen to Godsmack , Tool , Lacuna Coil , Halestorm , In this Moment , older stuff , A Perfect Circle , Old Rush , Megadeath , Iron Maiden , Queensryche , all not mainstream but probably more radio played now than when they were new but probably are played on the radio more now that they are known . Like you I cannot tolerate Country or Opera ,
The bigger problem now is living in Panama I have zero exposure to new unplayed music , I do try to surf Youtube for new music to listen too & often similar music is suggested to what I am listening to but I have not found much that I really like . I love hard rock / complicated music that is very difficult to play Rush Zanadu or La villa Strangiato , or Metallica & Justice For All for example . I hated music with Drum machines when I was a kid now a lot of music is 100% synthesizer generated which to me is just computer programming not talented musicians creating difficult music to play / boring .
I constantly struggle to find innovative new bands , I will check out your favs .

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I love Monster Magnet! Great riding music! Their last album was awesome!
Have not heard of Did Mannequin. I'll have to check it out.

I got some Clutch every day it seems.
Obituary's latest album is great!
Overkill's new album is rally a good album. Sticking with modern themes and still rockin the pants off of most bands today.
A little In This Moment here and there.

On the other side of music, I listen to
Frank Sinatra
My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult
Benny Goodman
Scarface

Those are my weekly tunes, with a ton more. My ipod has something like 10K songs of which very few are on any radio. I'm kind of a music freak.

going on ShipRocked here in a few weeks!

http://www.shiprocked.com/lineup/

This is gonna be a great show! Or twenty or more great shows !!!!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That looks exhausting, I think my music festival days are long over with but I hope you have yourself some fun Cuda Hunter. Secondly I don't think I'd get on a cruise ship for anything! I like land based vacations.

mmissile

Reaction score
Wow, sounds like something I'd do........as said above by Matt, years ago. Oh to be a young-un again. I still listen to stuff outside my supposed age group. BUT....isn't that what's always been great about ROCK music? Give that Die Mannequin a shot. Care Failure is a genius.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Thank you sir. Thank you very much!

I also like to listen to groups like nightmare's on wax
or Agnostic front
Just recently got an album from a band named the Contortionist. Really deep metal. Good stuff.
I like female metal bands also. Clandestine, Eyes set to kill, OTEP.

Seeing bands live really does it for me. Been to a ton of shows. Met lots of bands. Big into music.

mmissile

Reaction score
That's cool. My wife and I do meet and greets. We have 4 rescued dogs, so we don't really get away to anyplace for long. That's her way of doing stuff. I collect guitars autographed during the M&G's.

Very fortunate to have run into Phil in the parking lot at St. Andrew's hall, before the show. He took the guitar, and gave it back to us after the show. Cool guys, and rarely in the USA.

1sxqp0.jpg

Last edited:
Back