• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Found another build sheet

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I`ve been long overdue from this site and from doing any meaningful work on my Barracuda as well! So I decided to start recovering my bucket seats with some new skins from Legendary. Much to my surprise when I pulled out the drivers seat and flipped it over I discovered yet another build sheet! :icon_lol:
This makes the third build sheet from my car the first two belong to my vehicle and I assume this one does too, but if it does not I will do my best to reunite the tattered remains with it`s rightful owner.Unfortunately this one looks pretty shot but I will do my best to get it out as intact as possible. build sheet pic.jpg

build sheet pic.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I'm jealous !

I've had ten e bodies so far and not one single build sheet. Congrats that you found another one. That's really awesome!

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome back Dan !!! a nice surprise!! Post a pic when you get them done. My original white seats got swapped out for black ones a long time ago in the New England area. Anyone have it 70Chally FC7 white gut/white stripe black top 383 auto ??? I have a sheet that was in one of my seats just have to find it, not for my car. One seat was from a cuda and one from a Challenger both 70 not sure which seat I pulled it from till I find it.

mmissile

Reaction score
Yeah, unless a car has been untouched or with somebody for a long time....they seem to get lost or destroyed beyond use. I was very fortunate to have all those in my ma's car. Unfortunately, I'm not going resto/stock, so they're just historical history.

Last edited:

reborn73

Reaction score
front seat, back seat.........where did you find the third one???? My front seat sheet is not there. Guess I will check the back seat. I did find an inspection sheet on top of the glove box when I pulled it out. Old brown paper with different things for them to "OK" including AC check

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
This latest build sheet one was under the drivers seat. I`m pretty sure the other was behind the rear seat back. One was given to me when I bought the car not sure where it was found though. Oh I did get the seat recovered came out quite nice. This was my first attempt at recovering seats. Had to repair the foam too... piece of cake! :eusa_dance:
photo 2 (3).jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 1.jpg

photo 2 (3).jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 1.jpg

Last edited:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
front seat, back seat.........where did you find the third one???? My front seat sheet is not there. Guess I will check the back seat. I did find an inspection sheet on top of the glove box when I pulled it out. Old brown paper with different things for them to "OK" including AC check

Hey Reborn, Could you post a picture or two of your inspection sheet. I have not found one of these yet and would like to look at one.

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
Your seat looks great!

Did you take some foam from another seat or ?

I found some white foam sheet material not really sure where it came from (looked like some kind of open cell type foam packing material) I bet craft stores or an office supply place would have it. I found it literally an arms length away in a box of crap LOL! I said hmmmm this might work! :icon_cool: So that and an $8 can of spray glue was all I needed. I just cut a small shape of the damaged spot with scissors glued it down and repeated each step with a slightly larger piece until it was flush. Three or four pieces was all I needed to fill the bad spots. This stuff was soft and pliable just like the original foam. Easiest and cheapest repair I have made on my car by far!

reborn73

Reaction score
Here ya go Cuda Hunter. I don't know how in the world it managed to stay on the top of the glove box. I removed the box while replacing the dash vents and it was just sitting on top,,,,sheet1.JPGsheet.JPGsheet2.JPGsheet3.JPGsheet5.JPG

sheet1.JPG

sheet.JPG

sheet2.JPG

sheet3.JPG

sheet5.JPG

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Is that a sheet that came with a new cuda when you bought it? Or was that a sheet that someone on the assembly line used ?

Does it have any identification numbers for your car on it?

thanks for posting it up!

reborn73

Reaction score
It appears to be that someone marked and filled out as it went down the assembly line. I'll double check, but I don't recall any car specific #'s. I was just shocked that it had survived !!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Pm sent to Reborn73. Not trying to steal your thread from ya DAN. Sorry bout that.

have you sat on the seats with the different foam installed? Can you tell at all there is different foam under the vinyl?

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
Pm sent to Reborn73. Not trying to steal your thread from ya DAN. Sorry bout that.

have you sat on the seats with the different foam installed? Can you tell at all there is different foam under the vinyl?
No problem at all Cuda Hunter. I`m just glad I made the post and reborn chimed in with his inspection sheet, something I never knew existed. I want to check the top of my glove box now! As for my seat I can`t notice a difference with the different foam.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome back Dan !!! a nice surprise!! Post a pic when you get them done. My original white seats got swapped out for black ones a long time ago in the New England area. Anyone have it 70Chally FC7 white gut/white stripe black top 383 auto ??? I have a sheet that was in one of my seats just have to find it, not for my car. One seat was from a cuda and one from a Challenger both 70 not sure which seat I pulled it from till I find it.

Just located the sheet I had found in my car. Its for a BS23NOB FC7 4spd car

Back