• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Frustrations abound....

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
Are there ANY mopar junkyards yall know about? I need a pair of quarter window stainless trim pieces that go on the body outside the window, google has nothing, I'm getting frustrated. Finishing the complete restoration of a 71 Challenger Deputy, and these are the last pieces needed to complete the car. have a wanted ad up, that's gaining no atention, ebay has nothing, so I figured there's a collection of E bodies somewhere and one of yall knows where it is. 8)

Thanks!

Xcudame

Reaction score
Your WTB ad is unfortunately your best bet. The after market reproduces them for convertibles, but not hardtops. I think the belt mouldings came standard on SE cars. I know they came on all 70 Western Sport Specials. So they're out there. Just pretty rare and no demand.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Well, I'm currently drinking a 25 oz strawberry margarita, so I'm not depressed at all! I suggest an adult beverage if you are custom to that sort of thing! :)

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
You lucky Dawg 😎😎

What are those trim pieces called? Belt moldings. Hmm. At least that helps me expand my search parameters.

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
I have pictures of them that they’re just seven years old from when I started this restoration. I know their dimensions and what they look like. I just didn’t know the proper name. I just called it quarter window outside stainless steel lol this is my first Mopar restoration. I’ve done many other cars but never a challenger.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Left and right side on my 70 WSS.

IMG_20231027_181623579.jpg

IMG_20231027_181540800.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
Modify your WTB ad to say "belt mouldings for the quarter panels". Oh, and ignore the non-factory NRA stickers in my photos.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I saw a pair at mopar nationals this year. Doesn't help you now, but it does give you an idea of where you might be able to find them, next year.

I agree, change your want ad. That will help.

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
I have the hardware that came off of them still I removed all that while I was doing my polishing.

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
I did all of the chrome polishing about four years ago, and stored them in my master bedroom, which I have since rented out to a very good friend, the only two pieces of trim I have not located are those two. I need to buy another pair so I can finish this damn car.
I prefer no damage, but I still have the tools to repair a light ding or two before I polish them.

floyd

Reaction score
You may want to run your wanted ad on Moparts and e-bodies.org as well

Back