• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Goodmark vs AMD, again...

Adam

Reaction score
I used AMD floors, trunk pan & lid, roof, left door skin, firewall, wiper cowl, & hood, on my Challenger. I expected all the panels to need some massaging, and they did (the roof skin was excellent). I used Goodmark fenders (I dont remember why). Anyway both fenders did not match the contour of the doors at the body line (one door was factory the other was AMD) see pics. Also these fenders do not have a factory style thread insert for the hood height bumper bolt. Lastly, my driver's fender was bowed out along the hood gap at least 3/8th making the fender too short to use... Ouch I hate wasting $500. for nothing. I recommend you guys use only one brand for all the parts and inspect them very, very carefully... my build http://ImageEvent.com/adamell/wiperparts IMG_2918.jpgIMG_2921.jpgHood gap 2.jpgHood gap 8.jpgHood gap 5.jpgHood gap 13.jpg

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2921.jpg

Hood gap 2.jpg

Hood gap 8.jpg

Hood gap 5.jpg

Hood gap 13.jpg

Last edited:

BarrsRestoration

Reaction score
I just looked over every single picture on your site. Congratulations, you have done a hell of a job. Because I'm fixing a badly rusted '70, I'd like to contact you and get your input regarding the new firewall and a few other parts.

Adam

Reaction score
firewall replacement...

I just looked over every single picture on your site. Congratulations, you have done a hell of a job. Because I'm fixing a badly rusted '70, I'd like to contact you and get your input regarding the new firewall and a few other parts.

Sure my email address is [email protected] you can write me or send me your ph. number and a good time to call... sorry for the delayed response.

a68postcar

Reaction score
its been my experience that one should use a single supplier. either way. im not partial to any one or another. thier respective r&d departments usually do a good job of making thier own parts match up pretty well. just my experience. and ive used em all.

Reaction score
sounds as though your fenders have been your biggest issue at this point. I believe you said those were from Goodmark? Yeah, I agree if your using aftermarket body panels, at least try buying them from same company. I'm hoping AMD has some decent stuff when I am ready to buy from them.

SMelh12

Reaction score
Great job. This will help me make a decision on restoring my 74 challenger with original motor and trans. Car is just about all original, 360 with a/c,auto trans. Will post some pics later. Thanks for your pics.

AZkcar135

Reaction score
Just went through your thread, nice job on the car! Just curious why you edit the VIN? So people don't steal it?

Back