• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help! Urethane Bumper and Valance fit issues

Dal Bone

Reaction score
I am helping my father restore his 1970 Cuda' and we are having a problem getting the front urethane (rubber) bumper and front valance installed.

The issue we have is that the urethane bumper has extra "flaps" on the outside edges that hang down lower than a regular chromed bumper. This extra flap is preventing us from installing the valance.

We tried to install the valance first and then the bumper but the bumper brackets that bolt to the frame rail would not pass through the valance without contact.

Has anyone installed one of these that can help? Are we supposed to install the front valance first or the rubber bumper first?

burntorange70

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. It's good to have you here.

Sorry I don't have a Cuda. But I do have a 70 Dart. It also has a valance on it. What I do is put the bumper mounts on first then the valance and then the bumper. Don't kow if that will help you or not though.

Good luck on your build. Got any pics of you car so we can check it out?

Dal Bone

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. It's good to have you here.

Sorry I don't have a Cuda. But I do have a 70 Dart. It also has a valance on it. What I do is put the bumper mounts on first then the valance and then the bumper. Don't kow if that will help you or not though.

Good luck on your build. Got any pics of you car so we can check it out?

We considered this option but the nuts to attach the bumper to the brackets are tucked way up under there and it would be very difficult to do it that way. Probably take a couple wobble joints and some extensions and a lot of cussing.

Although this might be our only option at this point. thanks!

I can post some pics in the next couple of days.

Back